Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jebus
    Participant

I really enjoy J’s insrumental stuff on the "Gas, Food, Lodging" soundtrack. Very emotional and heart wrenching. Does anybody have any idea if J. has any other similar tracks. The closest i’ve heard is "Little Ethnic Song." Good, good stuff. It’d be cool if J. would do an entire album of stuff like this (yes, I realize it’s a pipe dream……mmmmmmmmm……pipe dream).

[img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

jeremiah
    Keymaster

I agree, those are all very cool! You should look for the Feel the Pain 5" single that had a version of Get Out of This with no vocals. Just an awesome solo from beginning to end over it!

In fact, it sounds a lot like this! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

I picked up the 5" the other day and heard that version of Get Out of This. It’s OK, but not the best J. instrumental I’ve heard.

bob
    Participant

are you implying that they’re something wrong with J’s vocals. He may have a terrible singing voice but he is probably one of the greatest singers of all time. So much character.

ammaringnyc
    Participant

There is that song Go to Church, and what about riptide swim sideways or is that the fast punky song? If anyone ever recorded the Columbia University show in 97 he played thumb and sludgefeast with no pa. There is the song carl if you want to hear him just play drums. I can’t think of any other instrumentals, maybe on the rake album but I can’t rember.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.