Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions lucky Portland.. Redbull popup shop for Dinosaur Jr, Sebadoh, J Mascis

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Those of you lucky enough to be in the Portland area would be fools not to check this out. Redbull has put together what looks like a Dinosaur Jr pop-up museum complete with merch for sale, some limited to just this.

As part of the celebration of bringing together one of the most respected group of musicians in modern history for MusicFest NW, we’ve created a live pop-up experience in Portland to showcase all the music, culture and art surrounding the lives of J Mascis, Sebadoh and Dinosaur Jr., tying them together with their common thread.
    The space is a living, breathing collaboration between Red Bull, MFNW and various other local partners with imagery, instruments, art, band memorabilia, exclusive video and content to show the timeline of the music. Also, for the real fans, the retail shop will offer take home options of all the legacy and current music, t-shirts, posters, etc.
    Plus, all kinds of happening are going down here, from a band meet-n-greet on Saturday afternoon before the Roseland Show, to a pre-release opportunity to buy the new Dinosaur Jr. album with limited edition 7” exclusively from the pop-up and a chance to win a custom J Mascis guitar from Fender.

http://www.redbullusa.com/cs/Satellite/en_US/Common-Thread/001243247477369

I wonder what the 7″ is and if it is truly something available only here, would someone pick one up for me if you are there? Wish they could bring this on the road for a mobile merch table!

empire3

Motherfuckers ! 🙂 sorry but that’s just about the coolest thing I’ll never get to see !!

Plus please buy 10 x 7″ if it’s only for this one off and I’ll pay $$$ and give the other 9 to fans of the world .

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Just got more wonderful news from J’s Management (Thanks again Amy!)

It’s going to be totally amazing to be in the store, because it will be visually super cool. The 7″ is the Jagjaguwar 7″ from the bundles, we’re giving it away only with pre-orders of the new album in the pop-up store (I didn’t tell them to bill it as exclusive).
    We are debuting new merch in the store as well as having all of our older merch available, there will be special event posters only available at the event, and I’ve done everything I can to make this a really special one-time event for everyone involved, but I’m also not into fans not being able to get their hands on cool stuff, so you’ll see it all show up on tour and in the web store later in the month.

** note the 7″s will not be available in the store, just in the bundles.
    I love that they are looking out for the fans on stuff like this!
    I would still LOVE to go see that in person. Bet it will be a madhouse!

empire3

That’s a awesome post ! Thanks 🙂

Also great we can buy the stuff from store rather than get done on eBay etc !

– theres a cool purple cow hoodie new in store now !

Is it sad I’m christmas happy 🙂

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

HA! I said the same thing to Amy!
    So glad we will not be getting gouged by ebay auctions for these things if we want them.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.