Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mjw666
    Participant

imagine what dinosaur jr would sound like in the 90’s if Lou was still in the band and participated in the song writing. I think that Lou is just as talanted as J and if you dont believe me listen to sebadoh III (and forget the swan of course). Having two very talented song writers that connect is the ultimate tool for a great band (see husker DU, Pavement and minutemen). I cant stop thinking about what a more commercial version of YLAOM and bug would sound like. What I find really weird though is that Lou did’nt really have much to do with the song writing of bug and YLAOM. Do you think that J would ever reunite with Lou ? They are apparently starting to talk to each other again so I heard.

monkeysnail
    Participant

man.. i wish they would. "Lose" and "Forget the swan" are amazing… and he was a very origional bassist, what with all the distortion and chords. he is totally my inspiration in my bass playing. :mrgreen: his lyrics on lose are also awsome… i think it would be totally killer if they DID reunite, and like go back to the 90s albums and re-do the songs with his bass playing, and maybe him singing some of them, or adding some new stuff…. god.. just imagine how amazing "out there" would sound wiht a really pounding , distorted bass line… or maybe even go on to the fog albums… "ground me to you" allready has an amazing bass line…. imagine just that one little bass riff right before the verse starts… all distorted and fuzzy… man… that would be amazing. and then they could tour together and al that…. man, i wish that would happen! PLEASE!!!!!!1 :lol: :lol:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey guys,
    J & Lou have been on stage together last year, when Lou joined Asheton/Asheton/Mascis & Watt to sing a Stooges song :shock: :D
    this shows that there are no hard feelings (anymore), but both have their own bands & projects, and it doesn’t seem to be very likely that there is much hope for more ‘reunion’ activities…

Here is an interesting discussion we had about why Lou left Dino: Dirty Rumours
    :aliensmile: :D :P

monkeysnail
    Participant

:? hmmm… thats not very cool about J hittin him with his guitar… and it dosnt seem like a good reason either, just because he was "making feedback noises"… whats wrong with that?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.