Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic longerterm cd wish lists

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

bob
    Participant

What are your wishlist of cd that are old but you always wanted to get and you probably will get someday over the course of 5 – 10 years.

I plan to get someday:
    more albums by Bob Dylan and Neil Young,
    Yo La Tengo – finish off the albums,
    Flaming Lips – everything after and including In a Priest driven ambulance
    Husker Du – Zen Arcade, Flip Your Wig, Warehouse

I also want to expand my knowledge of old punk stuff.

<FONT>[ September 20, 2001 03:34 AM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by bob ]</font>

maxini
    Participant

I keep finding myself wanting to pick up more CDs by, in no particular order,

Husker Du
    Birthday Party
    Posies
    Big Star
    MC5
    Spaceman 3
    Swans
    Sun Ra
    Mike Watt (Minutemen, fIREHOSE .. )
    + lots lots more

Oh, some more Black Flag wouldn’t hurt either. [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

ps .. I’ve been listening to Husker Du’s Could you be the one? several times today and omfg what a great song that is. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

I am always on the lookout for more discs as well, currently trying real hard to find all the Hellacopter singles I don’t have. Sucks that most of them are on vinyl…no turntable here [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

I continue to dream about a CD release of all the vinyl singles by the Hellacopters…including the Damned Stab Your Back cover…I NEED that so bad it hurts [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Allison

SG
    Participant

Allison-I like to see more Hellacopters singles put on cd as well,it could happen,I waited for years for the Palace Brothers singles to be released on a cd,and it did!

Here`s what I`m looking for:
    Dinosaur Jr-Dinosaur
    Husker Du-Warehouse
    Versus-Secret Swingers,Hurrah
    Yo La Tengo-Fakebook
    Silkworm-Firewater,Lifestyle
    Slint-Tweez
    Eleventh Dream Day-El Moodio,Beet,Ursa Major
    Freakwater-Old Paint,Springtime
    Richard Buckner-Devotion And Doubt
    Superchunk-On The Mouth,No Pocky For Kitty
    Jawbox-Jawbox

There`s really too many to name!

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Just checked out i94bar.com again and they had the best news!!! Deniz Tek and Rob Younger from Radio Birdman are releasing something with a band from Pennsylvania called the Stump. They are releasing it under the name Deep Reduction on the Get Hip label, its called "2". Short description given on the site…hard-rocking garage grunt with lashings of psych and surf thrown in…sounds cool to me. I just love Deniz Teks guitar playing with Radio Birdman, can’t get enuf of some of those songs. So this one is on my get as soon as humanly possible list [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison

Robert
    Participant

Pavement -Perfect Sound Forever -have been looking for this album for years now. And someday..someday we’ll be united.
    Beck -The BongLoad compilation.
    Dead Kennedys -Fresh Fruit For Rotting Vegetables.
    The Cumshots -selftitled.
    Weezer -Buddy Holly sgl.
    Motorpsycho -8 Soothing Songs For Ruth.

SG
    Participant

The early Pavement stuff on vinyl is hard to come by,you problably know perfect sound forever is included on the Westing compilation.Good luck in finding the original.
    The DK`s Fresh Fruit… I found around two years ago used,the kid that sold it to the store was there,I thought he wanted it back so I told him he can have it but he refused.
    Their cover of "Viva Las Vegas" is fun.

Robert
    Participant

Yeah -I got all the "regular" albums, plus a ton of singles and stuff. But Perfect sound has haunted me for years. Thing is I had the chance to buy it a year ago -for $120 [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] But stupid, stupid me opted for food instead of starvation and early death. Boy, was that a BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert
    Participant

Must also complete my Violent Femmes collection with "3" and "Freak Magnet!"
    And I’m still searching for Tom Waits "Nighthawk At The Diner."

SG
    Participant

Yesterday I mentioned Silkworm`s Firewater,got it today!
    other cd`s I was going to buy:
    Red House Painters
    Mercury Rev
    Sparklehorse
    Royal City

hopefully I`ll check these out in the future.

SG
    Participant

Other albums I`m watching out for:
    Magnapop-Hot Boxing
    Tom Waits-Small Change,Nighthawks At The Dinner
    Syd Barrett-Barrett
    Tindersticks-1st album
    Flying Saucer Attack-Distance,Further
    Low-Where The Curtain Hits The Cast
    Teenage Fanclub-Catholic Education,The King
    Cocteau Twins-Garlands,Treasure,Blue Bell Knoll,4 Calender Cafe
    Cat Power-Moon Pix
    Guided By Voices-Box
    Codiene-Frigid Stars
    Rein Sanction-Broc`s Cabin
    Giant Sand-Center Of The Universe
    June Of 44-Engine Takes To The Water
    Squirrel Bait-self titled
    Palace Brothers-There Is No One What Will Take Care Of You,Lost Blues 2

Robert
    Participant

Salami, Moon Pix is absolutely an album worth waiting for!!!

Some stuff that’s on my list of must haves:
    Weezer -Green jpn. edition
    Public Enemy -It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back (on vinyl)
    Grandmaster Flash -Message from Beat Street: The Best of…
    BiosphereDeathprod -Nordheim Transformed (vinyl)

AGAP
    Participant

Stuff I am having a hard time waiting for…

Hellacopters Cream of The Crap…volume one…compilation of singles out in 2002 sometime. I would love to pick up their Japanese release…Geek Streak…but can only find it for about 45 bucks US. Maybe I should look on some oz sites…canadian cash is actually worth something there [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Flaming Lips…new one untitled as of yet but they have 13 tracks done already, out in May in the UK, June/July everywhere else.

Bob Mould…three new ones coming out March 2002 and some live stuff available thru his website early 2002

J Mascis & The Fog…live release…don’t know when or if but I am still hearing those songs live in my head [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

and about two zillion I can’t remember without ingesting more caffeine [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Allison

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

stuff that i will always be on the lookout for in this sense are mostly things that are out of print. in san francisco we have an unbelievable record store that has a used cd section bigger than most stores have new. plus, the stuff you can find used there is amazing. their selection of new cds is great too. this one store has rendered going to all other record stores useless.

anyway, some stuff i am always looking for or hoping will get rereleased:

game theory: lolita nation
    let’s active: cypress/afoot
    anything by the orchids
    guadacanal diary: 2×4
    great unwashed: collection
    jean paul sarte experience: size of food
    the soft boys: invisibile hits
    young marble giants: colossal youth
    swampwater: swampwater
    verlaines: juvenilia
    del fuegos: boston, mass
    the last: l.a. explosion
    david bowie: his good albums on ryko that i don’t have
    nick lowe: jesus of cool AND labour of lust –got them on vinyl but would like cd, but they are imports and cost like 20 bucks.

on another note, tonight i met eric gaffney at a party. maybe people around here hate sebadoh cause they love j so much, i dont know. a friend of mine is going to play bass for him.

SG
    Participant

Hey BR
    Once saw the Del Fuegos-Boston Mass. on vinyl in a used store.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.