Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups london forum 08june05 setlist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    rambleon
    Participant

i know for sure this is the setlist b/c we got j’s one after the show thanks to a very friendly and obliging roadie :D

we also got bobby g, mani and kevin shields to sign it as well, but that’s another story!!!!

anyhow, here it is:

gargoyle
    in a jar
    raisans
    little fury things
    no bones
    kracked
    forget the swan
    repulsion
    budge
    tarpit
    the lung
    sludgefeast
    freak scene

encore:

just like heaven
    does it float

mountain man

the setlist is typed and printed out from a PC … (professional! :D) and it lists mountain man seperately …

j was about to leave the stage after does it float, but lou + murph stayed on, so then he did as well … i guess the original plan was to do it as a second encore, but it didn’t work out that way …

i only wish they had played bulbs of passion, as i really enjoyed the live version from the spaceland show … 8)

i have loads more to say about the show, but i’m running out of time … i’m meeting up with flying cloud in a few hours and i’ve got a lot to do before then … my husband + i met up with her at the show last night + it was of course great to see her again … :mrgreen:

mcfc_phil
    Participant
    "rambleon" wrote:
    i know for sure this is the setlist b/c we got j’s one after the show thanks to a very friendly and obliging roadie :D

we also got bobby g, mani and kevin shields to sign it as well, but that’s another story!!!!

anyhow, here it is:

gargoyle
    in a jar
    raisans
    little fury things
    no bones
    kracked
    forget the swan
    repulsion
    budge
    tarpit
    the lung
    sludgefeast
    freak scene

encore:

just like heaven
    does it float

mountain man

were you not slightly surprised that they didn’t do anything off Green Mind or later?

I know it’s Lou returning to the band, and so I suppose it’s his era that they were concentrating on, but must have left a lot of the crowd slightly bemused….?

rambleon
    Participant

well, it didn’t surprise me b/c that’s how it was billed :!: :D

the idea of the tour is to promote the 1st three albums which have just been reissued … but i guess if you hadn’t read any of the recent interviews w/the guys it could have left people confused/bemused …

were you surprised? were you there?

mcfc_phil
    Participant
    "rambleon" wrote:
    well, it didn’t surprise me b/c that’s how it was billed :!: :D

the idea of the tour is to promote the 1st three albums which have just been reissued … but i guess if you hadn’t read any of the recent interviews w/the guys it could have left people confused/bemused …

were you surprised? were you there?

yessir! I was there!

I’d not read that much going into it – I think I’d seen a setlist on here from another show, so had an idea that it was going to be pretty much with the intention of plugging the first 3 being re-issued – but was surprised that nothing was played outside that era….

honestly, a setlist like that was pretty much ‘preaching to the converted’ in a sense of everyone who enjoyed the show will have been people like me who already have the first 3 albums (and have had them for 10-15 years!) – but hey….!

ChrisSmall
    Participant

Looking around the Forum I could see several people who looked like they wondered what the hell was going on. Highly amusing. First three albums only was not unexpected at all.

mcfc_phil
    Participant

PS….

saw Teenage Fanclub and The Wedding Present this year too – both did a full mix of their work – (TFC wrote out a bunch of songs they wanted to do – and did it in reverse chronological order, which involved opening the show with their new album, in order, in it’s entirety (spelling?) – and then worked backwards playing 2-3 songs off every other album – a magnificent show, 1hr 45 long….) – so *maybe* it would have been nice if they’d humoured us and played a few songs of albums they were explicityly plugging….

but hey!

mcfc_phil
    Participant
    "ChrisSmall" wrote:
    Looking around the Forum I could see several people who looked like they wondered what the hell was going on. Highly amusing. First three albums only was not unexpected at all.

well this is it – Where You Been has to have been the best selling album here – their stock has to have been at it’s highest in that era….

ChrisSmall
    Participant

Yeah, but Lou wasn’t on it. It wasn’t unexpected to me that they’d only play the first three albums because it’s a reunion of the original line-up, not just another Dinosaur gig.

mcfc_phil
    Participant
    "ChrisSmall" wrote:
    Yeah, but Lou wasn’t on it. It wasn’t unexpected to me that they’d only play the first three albums because it’s a reunion of the original line-up, not just another Dinosaur gig.

was slightly confused when Lou claimed he’d never played Little Fury Things live before?

ChrisSmall
    Participant

Dinosaur played it in the 90s, but I don’t think they ever played it when Lou was in the band.

rambleon
    Participant

right … yeah … i was surprised about that too … i wasn’t sure if he was joking around or for real … thanks for clearing that up …

Great show. I don’t think anyone should be surprised about the lack of newer material, that was the whole point of the tour really…? Its their best stuff anyway. Had a drunken debate with 2 guys in the Bull And Gate afterwards about this very point in fact.

Excellent night though, thanks for the set list. I thought i’d be a clever clogs and leave after Freak Scene for some stupid reason. After the Slint reunion show I thought they’d also be too cool for an encore, but I guess not. Oh well.

Highlight for me – The Lung. Awsome.

Also, did anyone buy one of those prints? I did and f**king dropped it on the Tube tracks by mistake on the way home. Arrgh!!!!

[size size=9px](first post by the way – hello!)[/size]

fair_and_fey
    Participant

Great show! Was right at the front near J, and now I can’t hear a thing… Still haven’t taken it in that I’ve finally seen my all-time favourite band :) Well worth the 4 1/2 hour drive.

Surprised to hear about Little Fury Things, I would have thought it would definitely be part of the set around 1987… but first known appearance was in 1993 according to Dinosaur Jr Concert Chronology. Surprised anybody was expecting post-Lou material too.

Good to see Eugene Kelly, even though most people didn’t seem to have a clue who he was… glad he included Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam.

Saw that it was being filmed by two people… hope that makes it onto freesofree sometime… and any audio recording??

And what’s this about Primal Scream, were they there then?

lard
    Participant
    "TheIntelligentHoodwinker" wrote:
    Highlight for me – The Lung. Awsome.

Same here, absolutly awesome!!!

"TheIntelligentHoodwinker" wrote:
    Also, did anyone buy one of those prints? I did and f**king dropped it on the Tube tracks by mistake on the way home. Arrgh!!!!

Awww man, bad bad bad… but yeah, i got one. (along with my signed ticket!!! :) )

gruntage
    Participant
    "fair_and_fey" wrote:
    Great show! Was right at the front near J, and now I can’t hear a thing… Still haven’t taken it in that I’ve finally seen my all-time favourite band :) Well worth the 4 1/2 hour drive.

Surprised to hear about Little Fury Things, I would have thought it would definitely be part of the set around 1987… but first known appearance was in 1993 according to Dinosaur Jr Concert Chronology. Surprised anybody was expecting post-Lou material too.

Good to see Eugene Kelly, even though most people didn’t seem to have a clue who he was… glad he included Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam.

Saw that it was being filmed by two people… hope that makes it onto freesofree sometime… and any audio recording??

And what’s this about Primal Scream, were they there then?

Yeah Eugene Kelly was great.

i have been getting really into the Vaselines lately. so was happy to of seen Eugene.

Jesus wants me for a sunbeam was also a bonus!

lots of people had no idea of who he was, and im sure many people upon hearing Jesus, figured "whys this guy covering Nirvana" haha.

Good gig!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.