Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room Lets talk about Flangers

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Aatos
    Participant

Hi

This time someone could tell me about flangers. I have been thinking about buying a Boss or Digitech flanger trough internet. I havent tried those yet.
    Is there a big difference beetween these two brands? If so, what?
    And is there some better flanger made by some other brand?

ammaringnyc
    Participant

The flanger J uses most is an electro harmonix electric misstress. He also owns a fulltone choral flange and a foxrox tzf. The tzf is the best in my opinion but isn’t cheap. You should buy a used electric misstress on ebay or something, but stay away from the boss and the digitech.

Aatos
    Participant

A new Ehx Misstress is quite expensive but i dont know about buying used electric stuff because i cannot be sure if the machine really works. :?

ammaringnyc
    Participant

Then go to a guitar store try the boss and the digitech and if you like one buy it. It only matters what you like.

Aatos
    Participant

Yes, ill have to try. But i rather buy one that i dont get bored/dissapointed at after some time.

Aatos
    Participant

Hmm. At ebay there were a couple of photos of electric misstress with an american powerplug. Does it need a powerplug or does it work with a battery also?

Robert
    Participant

I have no idea about the powersource or consumption, but I know that you can buy converters that will allow you to plug it into the socket in finland.

Aatos
    Participant

ok. Today i tested a boss flanger I think it was okay, but i havent tried the ehx flanger yet. I couldnt find it anywhere.

Randy Jane
    Participant

Ive found I really like DOD pedals….might be worth a shot seeing as no one wants those right now and theyre really cheap. I havent tried a flange from them, but I have a grunge and a chorus by them, and I had a delay too…the chorus is by far the single best chorus pedal ive found so far. But, just because they sound good with my equipment doesnt mean they will sound good with yours, just look around for one thats in your price range and try it out on something similar to what you have at home….or you could always just haul your rig into the store hehe. Be carefull with DOD’s though, the newer ones do have weak solder joints so if you get one, used is probably the way to go….but I would try it before I bought it in any case. You could order a $1,000 pedal brand spankin new and have problems or hate the thing.
    Zoom pedals sound ok as long as you dont try to use the wahs, theyre terrible for wah (yes, even with an FPO1 or an FPO2 expression pedal). They have Flange, Phaser, EQ, Acoustic Simulator, 16 different distortions, pitch shift, step (really kool!) This pedal can get a lot of Tom Morrello type sounds if youre into that, or you can just get straight effects with it.
    ADA made really good pedals, I think ADA changed over to DOD….could be dead wrong. ADA pedals, though good…are becoming harder to find as the company is no more.
    Ive never tried the E.H. pedals other than the muffs, so Im no good there…but J and Kurt Cobain seem/ed to like them a lot.
    Summary, there are a lot of great pedals out there, but….you have to remember that just because I tell you whats good doesnt mean its good for you, and/or I could have got lucky and bought a gem. So take your time and try out as many pedals as it takes until you find one that YOU like, not one that I or anyone else likes….its not my sound in question here, its yours.

R.J.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.