Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups Last minute Dinosaur Jr. show in Connecticut! January 15

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    manicmark
    Participant

Hey everyone,

We just confirmed a last minute show with Dino Jr! Tickets just went on sale earlier today

Friday, January 15

Dinosaur Jr.
    Plus Special Guests

$22 ($20 advance), 8:00pm doors – 21+

@ Daniel Street
    21 Daniel Street (Milford, CT)

You can buy tix on our website: http://manicproductions.org

Weather Report
    Participant

Nice :D , Have never been there, even though I live pretty close to it. Is Daniel St. a big place ? anyone familiar with the venue ?

lethrneck4
    Participant

wow, great news, the last dinosaur show at daniel street was amazing, one of the best ive ever seen, as they played nothing but old songs all night…daniel street is a cool little club, maybe half the size of toads place in new haven. they get a lot of good bands there.

manicmark
    Participant

added Kurt Vile & the Violators, and DJ Tim Daltrey who will be spinning ALL the hits.

lethrneck4
    Participant

another great show at daniel street last night. the place was PACKED too. good set that was heavy on the old stuff like the last time they played here. opened with thumb, in a jar..then not in order from what i rememeber wagon, feel the pain, the lung, raisins(yes!), just like heaven, forget the swan, my weather, some other new ones not sure of the names..bunch more i cant remember.too packed to get any good pics or vid this time..but a great show nontheless

two reelers
    Participant

they really played "your weather" ??

vu1992
    Participant

They actually did "Imagination Blind" not "Your Weather".

Great show in any case. The loudest I’ve ever heard them.

manicmark
    Participant

thank you all for coming!

lethrneck4
    Participant

thanks to you guys at manic..wed never see cool bands around if it was left up to the people who book bands at toads and other lame venues..keep it up manic productions!

gergsie
    Participant

This was one of the better Dinosaur Jr. shows I’ve seen; far better than when they played at Daniel Street on April Fool’s Day last year… after that show, and the Toad’s Place show in Oct. I thought I was done seeing Dinosaur live…too much of the same thing over and over again, BUT when I saw that they were iin Milford, I couldn’t resist. Plus I wanted to see Kurt Vile.

Well, thanks to the really slow line out front, I did manage to miss Kurt Vile w/o realizing it, but at least I got to see all of Dinosaur Jr. Generally, surprise isn’t something I expect from Dinosaur Jr., but this setlist did have a few. "Thumb" as the opening song was expected, but the J’s mellow outro was awesome, and something I think you fans will appreciate if you get to hear it. From there, it was different from usual – In A Jar wasn’t a song I expected, nor was "Raisans," particularly so early in the set (and an awesome version it was too…

I brought a friend, and was concerned that he might not be into the show, but I think he liked it even more than me. The sound, it should be noted, was excellent – whenever I took out my earplugs, I was soothed by the full and layered roar coming from the amps.

All in all, a really fun show; the kind that makes me excited to see Dinosaur Jr. again!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.