Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Kennedy interviews J Mascis – Alternative Nation 1993

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    zwischenzug
    zwischenzug
    Participant

You don’t see these kind of interviews nowadays. Good old MTV!

Obseqio
    Participant

Very good, can’t believe I missed that one, but hey there’s always youtube.

So as someone pointed out earlier it is quite the deal that Kennedy said, “I feel the pain of all people!”. I do believe J explained it in interviews at the time, I believe he said it was inspired by a friend.

empire3

I have not watched this and I’m using a memory from nearly 20 years ago but was it not written about the time J skied and broke a leg and then “felt the pain ” until the morphine “felt nothing ” or is it that pesky publicist again :)!!!

I can’t watch the video for 5 days as I’ve moved to the countryside and my phone can only just do this …. So sorry if it is mentioned !

King Tubby
    Participant

God, he looks so young! Almost unrecognizable.

Hybridge
    Participant

I liked the discussion of ‘skiboarding,’ apparently still somewhat of a novelty in the early 90s. Also like the Eddie Haskell “That’s a lovely housecoat you’re wearing, Mrs. Cleaver” moment when J praises her pajamas.

Obseqio
    Participant

empire2 said: I have not watched this and I’m using a memory from nearly 20 years ago but was it not written about the time J skied and broke a leg and then “felt the pain ” until the morphine “felt nothing ” or is it that pesky publicist again 🙂!!!

I can’t watch the video for 5 days as I’ve moved to the countryside and my phone can only just do this …. So sorry if it is mentioned !

I always thought it was attributed to his carpel tunnel. I remember getting the impression that J may not be able to play guitar in the future. I was worried…

empire3

Oh yea ! Didn’t he damage some nerves or something at one time in his arm/hand? – I may be making two things up now ! 🙂

Can’t wait to get proper Internet back tomorrow !

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.