Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Keep them jerks from spying on ya!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Mattman
    Participant

Hey, did you kids know that many of the websites you visit mark your computer by placing an ID# in your browser’s cookie file… [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] They can then track you everytime you visit cooperating sites.

Well, this is only one of the ways websites and programs are spying on you… [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img]

If you want them to stop mindin’ yer business, then I’ve come across this handy little program call Ad-aware by a company called LavaSoft.

It’ll scan your machine and root out any spyware and unwanted cookies. And best of all its totally free. [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

check it out… [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by deepsludge:
    <STRONG>That’s a nice piece of advice . If a whole lot of sites start cooperating , the cookie will eat us! [img]images/smiles/converted/mad.gif[/img] I don’t like being targeted for advertising like that . Who knows , maybe one day that number stored in teh cookie will be our SSS number!! Paranoia remains…. [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree… we should all burn down the internet so the phantom cookie number does not kill us.

Freakscene: All wrongs avenged.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.