Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions Justin Pizzoferrato drops some serious teasers in his latest blog post….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Justin Pizzoferrato drops some serious teasers in his latest blog post….
    J Mascis, Lou Barlow & (the) Melvins?!!??! What do you think that will sound like?

J & Lee Ranaldo doing an instrumental cover…. I wonder what it is?

http://justsounddust.blogspot.com/2012/03/happy-springtime.html

Obseqio
    Participant

Very cool! He also announced that the Live performance of “Bug” will be released on Vinyl from Outer Battery Records. I wonder if this is the same label Dinosaur’s next album will be released on?

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Good question! I have not heard anything about who will be putting out the new Dino release yet…

I’ve heard the Bug live vinyl release may be a limited run so I’m going to order early!

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

I wonder if the next Dino release will be on Dangerbird Records? I only say that because one of the founders tweeted how much he wishes that would happen a couple months back then the other day he mentioned talking with Brian (J/Dino’s) manager…… They may just be friends but there is no harm in starting rumors with little to know facts right? 😉

Also, he is obviously a fan 😉

empire3

I find it interesting all the ‘J’ projects since beyond have been all over labels… I don’t know much about that side of the business anymore. Anyone shed more light on it? Or is this quite normal ?
    Just checked out dangerbird website, they have some cool bands! Looks like a good place to be.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

I think J must play it safe and avoid long term contracts with labels now (maybe a reflection on the industry the last few years).
    Maybe it is a benefit of him owning the rights to all of it that allows him to shop around for the best deals

Look at the post Warner/Sire years trend

Hand it Over – Reprise
    Beyond – Fat Possum
    Farm – Jagjaguwar

Several Shades of Why – SubPop

Heavy Blanket – Outer Battery

Witch & Sweet Apple have so far been on TeePee
    J Mascis + The Fog – Ultimatum

empire3

I’m surprised J doesn’t have his own label.
    Looking down the list it would so cool, just add all the Lou stuff call it Freakscene, really quite easy!

I’ll be head of Europe….

mind_glow
    Participant

Isn’t Baked Goods Js label?

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

yep, forgot to mention that in the list @mind_glow. Good call

empire3

I never knew that! Shame a lot more has not been released on the label..maybe 6 releases ? ( 3 dino LPs, deep wound CD Amma, Martyn & Me ) and I can’t even find a website…. Would love a t-shirt or some merch 🙂

Matthoney
    Participant

I think Jeremiah is right. J has a really good management team (in addition to himself), so he probably is able to shop around to what he likes best. Not to mention J obviously has a pretty high pedigree within the industry, so he probably doesn’t have trouble finding people who want to release stuff. I’m curious as to if it’s even a money thing, or rather just who will tend to J’s needs the best. For example, I heard that Matador wasn’t happy with Mission of Burma and how little they toured, since I guess it was part of their deal.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.