Home › Forums › Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists › Guitar Room › just like heaven guitar wah sound
- This topic has 8 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 17 years, 5 months ago by lookitssam.
November 13, 2005 at 11:07 pm #48557
could anyone help me nail this sound? im recording a cover of the song in a studio for a friend and i want it to be exactly right.November 14, 2005 at 4:20 pm #113003
When J plays that live he uses a wahwah-BUT if yer talkin about the studio cut-i dont think there is a wahwah on there, some kind of envelope follower maybe
i hear an acoustic track then a fuzz track and then a coupla tracks w/ memory man or studio chorus track that is really regenerated out on ‘rate’ and tightened up on the ‘width’.
a lot of experimentation is what you will have to do to get it exact.
(or just max out yer chorus pedal and wahwah away)
sNovember 14, 2005 at 5:15 pm #113004
From my preliminary knowledge of his gear, I’d say its an Electric Mistress + Memory ManNovember 14, 2005 at 6:48 pm #113005
Thanks a lot–let me specify which track I’m talking about. Its the third guitar. First bass, then acoustic, then distortion–then the one I want is the wailing sound in the background that comes in next.
I don’t know a lot about gear, but an approximation will be fine.November 17, 2005 at 1:09 pm #113006
I would guess it is an Electric Misstress.November 18, 2005 at 10:23 am #113007
It is the clone theory and probably the big muff but definately not the memory man or misstress.December 2, 2005 at 4:39 pm #113008
im almost positive its his bm and his mistress. the electro hormonix mistress can sounds like that. and from what i remember he was good at tweaking it. (i.e. listen to forget the swan) like i said almost positive.December 16, 2005 at 3:54 pm #113009
THe electric misstress and clone theory are very similar circuits. I have both and a big muff and I really don’t think its the misstressDecember 17, 2005 at 10:32 am #113010
Yea, I was watcing a video on free so free and it looks just he’s just using a Wah and the whammy on the guitar with some dist.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)