Home › Forums › General Discussions › Open Topic › Just got back from seeing Mike Watt!
- This topic has 4 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 18 years, 7 months ago by fata morgana.
November 7, 2004 at 1:55 am #47407
…and what a ride it was!
Opening for him was a local band, Believe in Toledo, who played their last show tonight, after 6 years of rockin’ Tallahassee. Sad to see them go, but most of them have already started other projects, so there should be some good stuff coming from that. :aliensmile:
After that was Five Eight from Athens, who rocked the house and were funny as well.
Between the other bands, a pirate band (ARRR) played out on the front deck.
…as for Watt, they played the entire new album front to back, and them did a four song encore which included "The Red and the Black" and "This Ain’t No Picnic", all with an organ instead of a guitar! Very Awesome!!!
After the show, Mike hung around to sell his own merchandise himself. I scored me a cool shirt and a signed post, of which I will now have to find a frame to put it in…
I very briefly got to talk to him and I mentioned that I helped out with freakscene (to which he said he had much respect ) and invited him to come around here and post or at least send us an email or something, so I hope he will.
The only bummer for the night is that I left my friggin’ camera at home! GRRR
Oh well… Watt comes through here on every tour, so hopefully I’ll get another oppertunity to get some pics next time.
Well, I’m beat, so I’m off to bed… g’night all!November 7, 2004 at 8:59 am #105861
so interesting to hear that Watt is aware of Freakscene, and that he might even stop by once… how cool would that be!
great you enjoyed the show, Mattman, thanks for the reviewNovember 7, 2004 at 12:23 pm #105862
NOTHING CAN STOP THE WATT!!! :aliensmile:
Cool you got to talk to him,MattNovember 7, 2004 at 2:40 pm #105863
So what did he say about running for president in 08?November 7, 2004 at 4:29 pm #105864
I missed him when he came to Montreal. He came on Thanksgiving week-end. Had I known.. I saw posters about it only after the fact… Unfortunately, my very good friend had to hear me rant about it for an hour or so…
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)