Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups July 13th Electric Factory

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    andyfest
    Participant
    "lookitssam" wrote:
    Yea, even though I’m not a fan either have have to say the drummer was pretty cool.

I agree with this. I can’t say I enjoyed them much in Boston but the drummer was good and they didn’t play that long so there’s really no reason to complain.

HASHTHRASH v3.0
    Participant

Magik Markers were amazing! What a surprise! Saw them three nights in a row, oo bad ya’ll were not into them, they were AMAZING in Boston!

King Tubby
    Participant
    "HASHTHRASH v3.0" wrote:
    Magik Markers were amazing! What a surprise! Saw them three nights in a row, oo bad ya’ll were not into them, they were AMAZING in Boston!

I’d say they were AMAZINGLY AWFUL in Boston, but that’s just me. They do, however, have the distinction of being even worse than the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, who had previously held the title of Worst Fucking Band I’ve Ever Seen. And I grew up going to a local hardcore club every weekend in the late-80s, which means I’ve seen A LOT of wretched bands in my time…..

kracked873
    Participant
    "HASHTHRASH v3.0" wrote:

amen man, were you the dude i saw video-interveiwing someone outside pearl street in northampton?

HASHTHRASH v3.0
    Participant
    "kracked873" wrote:
    "HASHTHRASH v3.0" wrote:

amen man, were you the dude i saw video-interveiwing someone outside pearl street in northampton?

No, I wasn’t. I was the dude trying to not get his nose broken by the big drunk guy that got kicked out during Magik Markers set and blamed me for it. Dude was smashing his elbow into a girl’s head without realizing it. When I kept trying to grab his elbow and swing it away from her head, he thought I wanted to fight. When I grabbed him by the throat he knew I wanted to fight. I don’t know what I was thinking because all his friends were tanks, but that girl’s head was just getting smashed and he wouldn’t stop. I think he actually got kicked out in the beginning of Dino’s set, I saw a ruckus a few feet away. Security kicked him out. My friend talked to him after the show (both were waiting for me), he used to go to Dino shows in the 80’s all the time, but it seems he got too excited and too drunk for this show and ruined it for himself. It’s a shame, but he weighed twice what that girl did so he’s the asshole.

Slope1988
    Participant

It sounds like an uneventful, mellow show should be considered good depending how one looks at it. The Phili show from a music perspective sounded like it was a cool show.

HASHTHRASH v3.0
    Participant

The Philly show was sloppier. I liked Boston the best of the three I saw, though Spaceland topped all 3 by far. One more time in SF coming up!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.