Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room J’s New Pedal Board (as posted on Noel’s Blog)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    blake
    Participant

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7CiHa1h61n0/S … CF0028.JPG

its looking pretty sick.

this is different than what he was using during the Beyond tour wasnt it?

has anyone that has seen them live recently noticed a difference?

darren
    Participant

yeah, that new board is different to what he used during the Beyond tour

photos I’ve seen from the recent tour show J using this new one for some gigs and then using the older board with the JMP 1 and other rack effects for others – he may be testing things out before they tour the new album.

The wah has changed from a Teese RMC to the new CAE/MXR wah and there are other changes too – all the pedals are controlled by a new CAE switching system.

spotting those extra overdrive/distortion pedals (KOT + double hot cake) on the new board makes me think that he may have stopped using the JMP 1 pre-amp when he uses the new board :?:

I’ve seen other recent pictures showing a KR Mega Vibe in place of the Foxrox Aquavibe, be interesting to see if there’s going to be other changes

Unadan
    Participant

Hey Blake your pedal board photo link is broken. Can you reupload the photo and reply to this thread?

Matthoney
    Participant

You know, looking at this board and seeing other pics, it really makes me realize how crazy J is. On average, he has at least four fuzz-type pedals. I’ve seen pics with even more. I would love to talk to J and find out how he operates a board such as this, what he keeps on for the whole show, what pedal he uses on what song, what he does for solos, when he combines them, etc etc. It would be epic.

Dereck Johnsen
    Participant

Mhhh… nice…

The weard thing is… He doesn’t even use steps! (or lifters, tears, or whatever the fuck you wanne call them) I really cant’s play without my steps, without the steps I’m always tapdancing…
    My god… J. must have the most flexible legs on earth to reach al the pedals on his board!

YvesHertoghs
    Participant
    "Dereck Johnsen" wrote:
    Mhhh… nice…

The weard thing is… He doesn’t even use steps! (or lifters, tears, or whatever the fuck you wanne call them) I really cant’s play without my steps, without the steps I’m always tapdancing…
    My god… J. must have the most flexible legs on earth to reach al the pedals on his board!

He doesnt do that much tapdancing. The switching system you see in the middle has two functions: it can recall any combinations of pedals (all pedals go through a looping system) with one click. But you can also run it in manual mode, where you just hit a switch and it will loop/unloop a pedal.

I have a similar (allthough severely downscaled) system, using a voodoolabs pedal switcher and lehle D.Loop, combined with a voodoo labs commander. This allows me to use up to 10 different combination of 6 loops.

Yves

Dereck Johnsen
    Participant

Mhh, the MXR/CEO said it’s a midi switcher. And I looked at some youtube vids. I did’nt figure out that it swiched his pedals! How awsome! Thats a nice thing to know! Thanks man!

And if your from the dutch speaking part of Belgium: Bedankt voor de vette informatie!!

greets Dereck

P.s. Bedankt voor the vette informatie, in Engelsh it means: Thanks for the awsome information.

YvesHertoghs
    Participant
    "Dereck Johnsen" wrote:
    Mhh, the MXR/CEO said it’s a midi switcher. And I looked at some youtube vids. I did’nt figure out that it swiched his pedals! How awsome! Thats a nice thing to know! Thanks man!

And if your from the dutch speaking part of Belgium: Bedankt voor de vette informatie!!

greets Dereck

P.s. Bedankt voor the vette informatie, in Engelsh it means: Thanks for the awsome information.

Geen enkel probleem ;-)

Yves

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.