Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions J’s guitar stolen in Eugene, OR

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

AGAIN. This is just crap. I hope someone has some info or just decides to quite being such a douche and give the damn thing back.

J MASCIS’ GUITAR STOLEN IN EUGENE, OR: J’s signature Squier Jazzmaster was stolen from the WOW Hall last night, October 11, during the Dinosaur Jr. show. The guitar looks like the attached image. Some characteristics that make this guitar unique: there is a dent in the neck, the pickups have no screws as they usually do and the action is currently set high. The guitar was in a soft gig bag. Please contact [email protected] or call 303-998-0001 if you have any information about this guitar.

tom
    Participant

That sucks. Hopefully they catch the loser

tonas

I talked to Noel last night and he said they found out afterwards that some of the folks working at the venue were there for community service. I guess the local judge makes kids do their community service there, so there may have been some sketchy kids. Noel said they wished they would have been told beforehand instead of finding out afterward. He said they have an idea on who took it but can’t prove it.

I guess its kind of the same situation as NY was a few years ago. They think they know who took J’s guitars but cant prove it on that one either.

tom
    Participant

What a bummer. Why cant someone steal Mariah Careys microphone, or Justin Beilbers guitar. Hell, why cant someone just steal Mariah and Justin.

Obseqio
    Participant

This is total BS. Stop stealing J’s guitars people. On the other hand I’m really glad his vintage guitars weren’t taken. It’d be a tour killer wouldn’t it?

Sorry about the guitar J!

empire3

It is the $300 squier that he gets free right ?? Not saying the person who took it shouldn’t be strung up ! But I’m surprised they even reported it ? More to this me thinks !!!

Obseqio
    Participant

I’m surprised he would tour with the Squire, but that would be cool. He’s had a white and gold back up jazzmaster, but that was a Fender. It looked like it was done by the custom shop. It would suck to lose that one….

empire3

I hope he gets it back or I get to buy it on eBay : ) only joking ( kind of ) !!
    I’d give it back once I had Played it !

Hybridge
    Participant

Hard to believe someone jacked J’s guitar and got it out of the WOW hall without someone seeing, as it’s a tiny shoebox of a hall wIth a well lit foyer. People without tickets hang on the steps of the side exit and listen from outside, so they’d have seen something as well. Hopefully the band will file a report with the Eugene PD, put ads on Craigslist, and around town. I used to volunteer at the WOW hall (not court ordered); it’s a great venue; seems like they should compensate the band for the theft since their lack of security (and/or untrustworthy staff) contributed to its disappearance.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.