Home › Forums › Dinosaur Related Discussions › Dinosaur/J News & Discussions › J’s first Sebadoh show??
- This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 17 years ago by sonicdeathmonkey.
March 3, 2006 at 10:44 am #48816
I keep reading Lou’s words in interviews saying J started going to Sebadoh shows in 95/96. I can’t help but refute what I heard back in 92 from a pretty credible source. While I was in the crowd at a Superchunk show in Connecticut, wearing a Dino t-shirt, this guy comes up to me and asks me if I’ve ever heard of Sebadoh (which I hadn’t at the time). The guy, turned out to be semi-close with Sebadoh (he has a photo credit on the original III insert, and he’s interviewed the band several times dating back to 1990). During our conversation (I think Jawbox just played, and Superchunk was tuning up) he mentions an occurance which I’ll never forget… Sebadoh on stage (somewhere, I’m guessing 91 or 92), a pretty good crowd of people, and one lone guy playing video games or pinball in the corner (curiously checking out the band time-to-time). The word was that this lone spectator was J. I never confirmed if the story is true or not, but I just felt like sharing the story.March 4, 2006 at 9:05 am #115057
Interesting ! I’m pretty sure that J saw Sebadoh even way before 1995… I remember reading an interview w/J where he said he saw Sebadoh play live when Eric Gaffney was in the band – Eric quit in 1993… also, Dino AND Sebadoh both played Lollapalooza in 1993 and when Lou’s amp broke during one of Sebadoh’s sets J offered to help out whith some amps (which Lou declined…). Plus, I have a 1992 interview where J talks about Sebadoh (saying that he likes Lou’s songs, but doesn’t understand the lofi-tag… ). J and Eric Gaffney even played together in Gobblehoof for about one month in 1987 or so…March 5, 2006 at 11:20 am #115058
What, your amp broke?March 6, 2006 at 1:45 pm #115059
Far out.March 6, 2006 at 4:59 pm #115060
I know. I’m just fucking around.May 23, 2006 at 7:38 pm #115061
It’s cool that even after years of tension and animosity between J and Lou they were still able to check each other’s shows out. It shows that people can get over the differences and reunite!!!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)