Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room J’s custom wah pedal?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rocketmaster
    Participant

My old wah pedal has been sucking lately, so I was looking for a new one. I was trying to find a really good one on ebay and I found one that looked pretty cool called a Teese Real McCoy custom RMC2. One of the things that caught my attention about it is that it was based on a design Teese had done for J Mascis. http://www.realmccoycustom.com/RMC2.htm%5DHere’s the description of it.

It has a five position switch for different voicings and one of them includes the "J Mascis voice".

It’s also supposed to sound like the Italian wahs made in the 60s that were Clyde McCoy wahs.

I was wondering if J normally uses this wah and if anyone had seen him using it. Is this a wah like officially endorsed by J or something? Does anyone know about these wahs?

I decided to buy the one i saw on ebay that looked pretty new, so I’ll probably post on here whether it sounds really good or not.

Also, I just read about J losing a whole lot of gear in the fire at Bob’s place. That really sucks! I wonder if the Teese wah people would send j a new one since they are using his name to sell the pedals anyway. Might be worth checking out… :wink:

laters…

ammaringnyc
    Participant

When J did the Stooges shows the first time around I talked to him and I had a Roger Mayer Vision Wah because it had 4 dip switches and two knobs. J said he thought they were crap and showed me his new wah which was an RMC3 that you can open and change like 20 settings and told me to get one. I did and Teese said he specially moddified a wah for J, I asked if I could have one like it and he said nope but I’m happy with the RMC3, my friend had an RMC2 but didn’t like it and got a picture wah. Now there is the wizard wah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.