Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions John Agnello on recording with J Macis

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lowdown
    Participant

This is a link to an interview with John Agnello, the engineer who has worked with J since "Where you Been".

Check it out here

http://www.audioprointernational.com/fe … hn-Agnello

Enjoy,
    Lowdown

King Tubby
    Participant

Thanks for posting this. It’s a great read.

Obseqio
    Participant

Very cool! I love the sound on ‘Where You Been’ ! I often wish that ‘Green Mind’ sounded as clean and big as it does. The recording on ‘Farm’ is a bit meh to me and I don’t necessarily blame John Agnello, I’m sure the band wanted it to sound that way. There are a lot of great songs on there they just sound subdued and even a tinge dark. I like the bright big sound better, but that’s just me.

Joiner Of Fun
    Participant

I’ll never be as into the big bright sound ever since I heard a Hives song on the radio. I played forever with treble up and no bottom. It cheated me of my level hearing i some way. Have you ever heard the Jam version of Puke and cry? The songs on Green Mind are so good it might be drastically deafening if loudly recorded. I like the subdued feel of "I want you to know". Some songs on there fast, some pretty, and Lou’s few newer dinosaur jr. songs are fun.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.