Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

SG
    Participant

The Buffalo Tom guys mentioned this story once;I don`t know where they were at but J comes up to the BT guys and tells them that he just met Axl Rose,Chris said it was funny J telling them this because J was being so blase about it,then they said the actor that played Norm on Cheers walked by and J jumped up and was excited.Guess Norm from Cheers meant more to J then Axl.The BT guys thought it was funny.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey SG,

That is a hilarious story, gotta love that. Friend of mine played on a GNR disc (spag something or other [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] ) & toured with Duff so when GNR came to town he invited us to go to the gig free & go backstage…passed on that invite [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Sorry Rosa [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kerb-dogma:
    <STRONG>Mattman said they wouldn;t accept me in to get a pic anyway , being such a white dude , yo…</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, actually Tonyman, you said that. I just figured you knew what you were talking about… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Tony,

That Spaghetti deal is definitely not as cool as any Ramones out there!!! My pal played on the Johnny Thunders cover, You Can’t Put Your Arm Around A Memory. The original of that by Thunders is absolutely amazing, didn’t like the GNR version..even with my pal playing.

Passed on the show etc, worried Axl would be wearing those spandex shorts…did not want to see that at all [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

One thing I did`nt understand about the Spaggetti Incident is they covered a Nazareth song on it,Nazareth is`nt punk!
    The Ramones Acid Eaters was good,I especially like Dylan `s My Back Pages.

SG
    Participant

Poison 13 does a wicked cover of When I was young,better then the Ramones.They were this awesome bluesy punk(blues played sloppy and loud)band from Texas,Sub Pop put out a complete recordings compilation on them years ago,wicked stuff,kinda Cramps meets Stooges.They also do a ripping take on Joy Division`s Warsaw.

Rich
    Participant

ohh Guns N Roses were a great fucking band, and meeting them would of been intersting (Axl was a asshole towards the end of thier dynasty, but a very talented one)just think about meeting slash, duff and izzy, i would of killed to go backstage and hang with them

AGAP
    Participant

Hey El Jesus,

Sorry forgot you were a fan as well, couldn’t get past the spandex shorts scary deal…and a few others…so passed on it. Did you like Duff’s solo stuff, he also plays on the new Mad For The Racket with Wayne Kramer. Kramer just released it in the states Oct 2 on his new label muscle tone records. You should check it out if your a Duff fan.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Another note on Duff,in the early 80`s he played drums for the Fastbacks.

rosa
    Participant

Hey all,

That "When I Was Young" cover you’re talking about; are you referring to the song originally done by the Animals? Or is it a different song?

I was raised on the Animals & am just curious.

I would brave Axl’s spandex-clad little no-butt anyday to get to Slash. Sometimes you just have to keep your priorities in order. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] Axl is a bonehead; I could kick that no-butt anyway.

I’m also pleased to hear Duff McKagen is still alive; last time I saw him, in some guitar magazine, he looked like crap. All bloated, like his nosering was ready to pop off his face.

take care,
    Rosa

Mattman
    Participant

SPANDO-MOONO!!! [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Rosa I would love to see you kicking that no butt spandex wearing guy around… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] Glad to hear you like The Animals, so do I, just not the GNR version of it.

Tony you outlined the main reason I didn’t want to go, absolutely nothing in common except for my pal…rather see him on his own.

Not sure about why it was called spag etc…just know I made some wicked pasta for dinner [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

rosa
    Participant

Actually, Slash has a white dad and a black mother. So probably he has a well-balanced posterior. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img] hehehe…

[img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]
    can’t believe I’m posting this,
    Rosa

SG
    Participant

Yeah, When I Was Young was originally done by the Animals,good song.I like the Animals version of Nina Simone`s Don`t Let Me Be Misunderstood,she did House Of The Rising Sun in return(it was`nt written by them but made famous by them).
    trivia:the Animals drummer produced what American guitarist?(this is pretty easy).
    I don`t know why it was called the Spaggetti Incident,I think when it came out it was said why but I forgot what it was,I think Tony is right;it`s about a pratical joke.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Tony,

Your kinda right about the too underground thing, never made it thru either cd GNR or Acid Eaters. Pretty much prefer the original Ramones songs over any covers.

Rosa if you ever get the chance to kick that little guy around take some pics…love to see that. Good come back on that butt deal with slash [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.