Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room Jazzmasters & Jaguar hx

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Wasn’t sure where to put this so closed my eyes and picked here as its about gear…

http://www.fender.com/newbriefs/jazzjag/

Its reviews some of the greats that use these guitars including J…just scroll down past Television, Costello, etc and find the bit on J. Interesting that they picked Maggot Brain but hey its all cool.

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Randy Jane
    Participant

I didnt know he played Jags, just thought he played Jazzmasters instead. J has recorded with a number of guitars, Les Pauls, SGs, Jazzmasters, Jags (I guess) Vox, variety of acoustics,(mainly Gibsons and Martins) Teles, Danelectro, a cool six string banjo, lotsa cool amps and pedals too!

malcom
    Participant

According to most interviews, J doesn’t like jags very much. But look at the other names on the list, Cobain mostly played mustangs, which, like his Jaguar, were pretty much completely gutted and rebuilt. Verlaine of Television had a deArmond pickup on his Jaguar, and he may of had a hb in the neck(dont quote me, I’m probably looking at the picture too hard) so, while it certainly is fun, parts of the list can be argued. Alison, this is not an afront, I mean no harm.

maxini
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by EvIl MaLCoM KoMMt aUs deM MidWeSt:
    <strong>Verlaine of Television had a deArmond pickup on his Jaguar, and he may of had a hb in the neck(dont quote me, I’m probably looking at the picture too hard) so, while it certainly is fun, parts of the list can be argued. </strong><hr></blockquote>
    I didn’t know Verlaine played Jaguars, never seen him with any Fender guitars but the Jazzmaster. What picture are you talking about Malcom?

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Evil Malcom,

No offense taken at all, I just posted the link if you want to challenge the guys list go for it [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Here is another link to an article that I am sure you have seen but J and Kevin Shields talk about their fav guitars. J did choose a Jazzmaster over a Jaguar as his first guitar from some slimy bob guy. The guy from BBC was kinda lucky J is such a laid back guy, couple of my pals would have been over the desk at the guy…keep those musings [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

http://www.expectdelay.com/mbv/articles/interview7.html

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ October 27, 2001: Message edited by: Another Girl Another Planet ]</p>

Randy Jane
    Participant

Thats awesome, i’d never seen that before. Thanks. I wonder why J never has liked humbuckers? Could it be that they sound like crap (for the most part, the one in my tele sounds decent) or maybe they die out too quick, or look like crap, or everyone else uses them?????? THe world may never know.

malcom
    Participant

http://www.richardlloyd.com/visset.htm

In some of the pictures Tom is playing a normal Jazzmaster, In some he appears to have a different pickup in the bridge positon ( I stand corrected on the Jaguar issue) I’ve also seen pictures in an old Guitar World Magazine and Recent Fender Frontline that appear that way. Maybe I’m dumb.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.