Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions J on The Wedge Damian Abraham interview March 31st, 2011 muchmusic.com

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Artemide
    Participant

no one post this funny J’s little show before?
    enjoy!
    sorry, enJ! šŸ˜‰
    http://blog.muchmusic.com/watch-damian-interview-j-mascis/

Annastefka
    Participant

Nice…Upside Down Cross, the first (and really the only) time I heard that music was from a radio show thing that J did several years ago. Seriously, I’ve never since and probably never will come across music that makes me feel so bad, sad, nervous and stressed out. I’m sure that’s the intention. In the ’70’s my Mom had a flip out about movies like The Exorcist and Halloween. She asked over and over…”Why would someone want to make a film like that?” “Why do they want to sell depictions of evil acted out” “What purpose is it serving?”
    My sister and I would laugh and remind her that it was pure entertainment built around a fear reaction in the viewer and people enjoy getting that sort of an adrenaline rush and trying to UNDERSTAND it was a waste of time.. Now that I’m older…I’m having more Mom moments in my life and Upside Cross was one of those defining moments for me…as I was listening I was like “Are you fucking shitting me….Good God, WTF? “That’s music that’s not good for you or any living person to listen to.” It must be entertaining live…I guess I don’t need to understand it any further . If you were feeling kind of down…I’m not sure if you would want to go and find some Upside Down Cross to listen to. It’s so hard in an uncomfortable way. Life is stressful enough…L O double L. It’s like having a forced panic attack or something. šŸ™‚

Artemide
    Participant

I love metal but I totally dislike this stuff (even if You play it, sorry J).
    But I like Bad Brains šŸ™‚
    Anyway, Damian’s interview is very pretty and unusual for J’s standars (sorry twice, man). Thanx Damien!

and I like Annastefka when she writes “Life is stressful enough” šŸ˜‰

Artemide
    Participant

hi, Tony!
    what kind of metal? silver? gold?
    šŸ˜‰

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.