July 26, 2009 at 12:19 pm #51172
MV & EE
Road Trips: Live Road 2002-2009
Blackest Rainbow Recordings BRR-120
12xCassette Box Set
Limited edition of 250 copies with 12 pro-dubbed cassette housed in a presentation box documenting the many live musical incarnations of Matthew Valentine and Erika Elder between the years 2002 and 2009. All unreleased material except for the Guitar Barn set which was previously released by MV as a Heroine CD-R. The box runs in chronological order and culminates in a Pete’s Pix Vol.2 compiled by the legendary Pete Coward featuring 7 tracks from dates mainly in the UK, including a big band jam from Thurston’s Nightmare Before Christmas and Dylan Nyoukis’s 2006 Colour Out Of Space, both of which feature Chris Corsano. Full run-down:
– The MV & EE Medicine Show ‘Citybillies’ Brooklyn, NY 5/23/02 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE With The Bummer Road ‘The Suncatcher Blossoms A Novatone’ Tonic, NYC 7/18/2005 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE With The Bummer Road ‘Abstarct Blues and Egyptian Mud’ Campfire Sounds, Acra, NY 7/15/06 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE with The Bummer Road ‘Pastis King’ Paris, November 11th, 2006 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE with The Golden Road ‘Barn Joint’ Red Barn, Amherst, MA, 10/16/07 (feat. J Mascis and Tom Carter) (PREVIOUSLY RELEASED ON HEROINE)
– MV & EE with The Golden Road ‘Lobstora Vs Tone Crabs’ Floristree Auditorium Baltimore, MD, 6/14/08 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE with The Wolfpack ‘Yurt Aspects/Rural Centrifuge’ Wickermania Festival, The Yurt, Goshen, MA 8/2/08 / Tinderbox, Brattleboro, VT, 8/3/08 (UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE with Jeremy Earl ‘"He’s On Tonight, Saddleback"/"Multiple Gravitrons" Cakeshop, NYC, 1/20/09 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE with The Wolfpack ‘Mamma Zooed’ The Triple, Richmond, VA, 1/23/09 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE ‘Smoked Bossier’ Art Space, Shreveport, LA, 1/29/09 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE with The Golden Road ‘Sequential Circuits’ Vintage By The Pound, Toronto, ON, Canada, 2/7/09 (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED)
– MV & EE ‘Pete’s Pix Vol. 2’ 2004 – 2006 (tracks from Cambridge UK, Colour Out of Space, Thurston’s ATP, Oxford, London, and more. Features Nemo, Chris Corsano, Samara, Willie, Jiggs, Sparrow, Simoes) (PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED).
MV & EE – Road Trips 12xcassette box set * LAST COPIES AVAILABLE NOW *
Blackest Rainbow/Alt Vinyl – £45.00 *PLEASE NOTE THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE SHIPPING. PLEASE EMAIL FOR A TOTAL*
http://www.blackest-rainbow.moonfruit.com/#/available-cassettes/4534453358July 26, 2009 at 12:39 pm #135958
previously released on
http://www.discogs.com/MVEE-Barn-Joint/release/1698103July 26, 2009 at 1:31 pm #135959
What is it with hipsters and cassettes these days? Cassettes were always the crappiest sounding medium around.
So I imagine now we’ll start seeing bearded guys with cultivated bedhead in plaid shirts and skinny jeans slouching around wearing Walkmans in Brooklyn and Wicker Park?July 26, 2009 at 1:42 pm #135960
Has anyone heard the song J plays on ?
King Tubby, I like how you’re able to be provoked by haircuts.
I do share your questions regarding the cassettes, eight tracks would’ve been hardcore, but regular cassettes just seems redundant.July 26, 2009 at 2:24 pm #135961
I used to record my cd`s to cassette so I could blow up the sound you know?That`s how much I love cassettes but yeah they`re crapJuly 31, 2009 at 6:43 pm #135962
I know it’s not really the case, but I think of making a mix tape as taking less effort than burning someone a CD. Really don’t get it as a cool crutch though
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)