Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic J. mix for the non-initiated….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Jebus
    Participant

Okay folks…I’m taking a road trip at the end of this month with my little girlfriend and would like to take that opportunity to turn her into a full-on J. appreciation machine (get yer mind out of the gutter ‘for I comence ta whuppin’ yer ass). I need about 80 minutes of J. that include mostly the more melodic-type songs. If I were to put this together myself, I feel it would end up more of a "Jebus’ favorites" rather than a "J. 101 For the Mainstream Eardrum." So whacha know, Joe??

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Gotta love those choices as well Mattman, can’t believe I didn’t add Goin Home [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Also want to add Freakscene to the mix, great pop tune in my opinion. Have to have something off Bug or it just wouldn’t seem right, my first choice would be They Always Come but it might be to early for that one. Someone else on the board once had success with Martin and Me tracks, might be worth a try.

If the conversion works for you would be glad to add suggestions for a more sonic disc… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] Although like some brainiac said we could end up with volumes…kinda like an encyclopedia, but that sounds pretty cool to me [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Allison

SG
    Participant

Muck
    That`s a cool tune,kinda mainstreamy funky song.
    I`m Insane
    How could anyone not like the trumpet in that?
    On The Run
    From Martin And Me,Greg Sage tune;very cool.

Good choices Allison and Matt;you thought up most of my choices.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Jebus,

Great idea, I hope it works [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] Could be near impossible for me to get into that mainstream eardrum mode but heres a couple of suggestions

Start Choppin
    Same Day…Ground Me To You…Does The Kiss Fit
    Feel The Pain, Outta Hand, Get out of this and Over Your Shoulder
    The Wagon, Water, and Green Mind

LIke I said hard for me to get into that mindset, good luck and enjoy the trip.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/aliensmile.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

Hmmm… This idea seems familiar… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img]

Great suggestions Allison. I’d like to add Goin’ Home, What Else Is New, Not the Same, Severed Lips, Quicksand, Never Bought It, Still Not Over You, and Alone to that list. [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

FlyingCloud
    Participant

Hey Jebus, great plan, I hope it works [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] Good luck.
    I put the following tracks on a CD just to play in the background, while hanging around with my friends. I earned no frowns and this is quite much, for most of them are more into popular airplay stuff.
    My list goes: In A Jar, Show Me The Way, Freakscene, Let It Ride, How’d You Pin That One On Me, Thumb, Out There, Drawerings, I Ain’t Sayin, Get Out Of This, Over Your Shoulder, I Don’t Think, Nothin’s Goin On. Alone, Loaded, Gotta Know.
    It fits on a 74 Minutes CD

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.