Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions J Mascis/skateboard for Mama’s

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Annastefka
    Participant

My kids have said the cutest things for years…sometimes I record them in my journal but some have drifted off into the wind. This morning Alvaro said the CUTEST thing. He woke up just before 9AM and I was very busy in the kitchen (getting ready for the Farmers Market)….I gave him some breakfast and I told him, "Mama needs to work in the house this morning for a few hours…what would you like to do while I work?’ and he said…."Write a letter to Santa Claus"…."I want some bottle rockets, black magic snakes (type of firework) some cookie bones for the dogs and a skateboard" I asked him "What kind of picture would he like on his board"….he said "some kind of monster would be good" (boys… :roll: )…thinking I would blow some time with him….I went to the Alien Workshop page and had him scroll through boards. He was laughing and laughing….robots and aliens, you know. Then he got to the last one and said…."Hey, look, it’s a skateboard for Mama’s"….."it has a picture of J Mascis and his brother (?) on a skateboard and another picture of his "junk stuff"…."His Mommy probably told him…J Mascis you need to clean up this mess but instead he took a picture of it and put it on a skateboard…..that’s so funny" "but that’s a skateboard for Mama’s….."I want one with a picture of me and my brother and then a picture of my "junk stuff".
    I suppose his only frame of reference for the word "Junk" is when I use it to get his Father to remove his things from whatever room they are in. Now Alvaro is insistent that he get a board with his photograph on it.
    I have tried to explain why I probably can’t make that happen but he is not listening. Then he said…"I’m going to go wake up Daddy and tell him about J Mascis on the skateboard"….."No,no,no", I said. "Your Daddy (the Leo) does not ever want to wake up to the words J Mascis" "lets just move on to something different."
    [img]http://www.alienworkshop.com/files/imagecache/deck_large/DL9AKTJM.jpg[/img]

girl
    Participant

Awww bless. :D

Annastefka
    Participant

Yesterday after school we all figured out why Alvaro used the phrase "junk stuff"….I had forgotten, but in March we had a big Spring Clean…here at our house….we have a lot of land but somewhat of a small house (about 2,400 sq feet) small only because there are 6 of us plus one extra during the weekdays so 7 really. In March, I told everyone that we had to get rid of some "stuff"…..we had to order it into stuff we wanted and junk we could live without…..the kids had great ideas about selling things they didn’t use or want (my two oldest both have moon in Capricorn, they are both all about the benjamins)…and I talked them into giving it away…because then things that you need have a way of coming back to you.

We also have a big storage shed/room but it is getting full. We were all sort of giving our best argument for things that we wanted to put into storage (things we still wanted but were not really using. ) My oldest daughter said that I was in the storage shed and called all the stuff "junk stuff"….

My gosh, that collection of instruments is not "junk" in any way….it was just out of the mouths of Alvaro kind of thing. He is the baby and he now gets input from two teenagers as well as Mom and Dad.

We were downtown the other day and we saw a really large man….he was having trouble walking…he was so large and we did the crosswalk together, during the walk Alvaro said to him "you should stop eating doughnuts and ice cream so you can stop being fat. I felt so bad….Alvaro has some issues with communication. We were also in like Target (it’s true)and there was a women in line in front of us and Alvaro said to her…" you have a big bottom just like MY mommy"…..Noooooo, Alvaro please stop.
    Alvaros worse offense so far happened in Kroger, we saw a Mommy with a new baby, the baby was only days old. I stopped to admire the baby, kind of Ooooooo and Awwww at him. What a cutie, I said. Then Alvaro said to her.."Aww, your baby is so cute it looks just like a baby gorilla." ALVARO!!!! Not what a Mom wants to hear about her baby. Where did I go wrong…………….[img]http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2075/12/90/1012252542/n1012252542_30302468_6826.jpg[/img]

tonas

Jeez.. Stefka, Alvaro seems like a cool kid, insulting new moms and such. And that "junk stuff" is really like thousands of dollars worth of vintage guitar gear. Not really "junk" at all.

Ha, awesome story Stefka!

girl
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    …Then Alvaro said to her.."Aww, your baby is so cute it looks just like a baby gorilla." ALVARO!!!! Not what a Mom wants to hear about her baby. Where did I go wrong

:lol: I think I would have died laughing. I like your little one. Do you know that his name and my name both start with Alv ! But if you rearrange some of the letters in my name you can spell e-v-i-l ! That might explain a lot. Ooooo let’s play guess what my name is. I’ll give you a hint, it’s not Rumplestiltskin. :mrgreen:

ps when my friend’s little boy went through his Thomas the Tank Engine phase he liked to sit on my lap and navigate Thomas across "the mountains". Guess what "the mountains" was code name for. :lol:

built_to_spill
    Participant

Valerie?
    :?

Annastefka
    Participant

Alvine….a very unusual girls name. Just a guess.

essgee09
    Participant

Alvina?

girl
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    Alvine….a very unusual girls name. Just a guess.

:shock:

*closes blinds and huddles in the corner*

Robert
    Participant
    "Annastefka" wrote:
    [img]http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2075/12/90/1012252542/n1012252542_30302468_6826.jpg[/img]

That is probably the best hair in the history of hair.

girl
    Participant

Agreed. What a little cutie. It looks like he just rubbed a balloon on his head and is laughing at the result.

*goes back to huddling in the corner*

Annastefka
    Participant

Hey huddling in the corner that’s a great name. Alvaro gives me great moments, I love his older brother (my son with autism) and all of my kids will tell you that older brother is my favorite (but I don’t have a favorite, I really don’t) they all are some reflection of their Father and I….the good and the bad and I love them the same. Alvaro just finished nursing about 5 months ago….my milk is all gone :( , but now when he sees a Mommy friend nursing he will say "Could I taste your milk?" That is so funny and only because this is Athens, it’s never seen as rude. Many of us Mama’s shared nursing when we were all nursing, if I had something to do that required me to be gone for a few hours and baby was still nursing, I found a nursing friend. I nursed many a baby that wasn’t mine. When Alvaro asks another Mommy to nurse and his Father is around he always laughs and says…."your gonna always want to nurse Alvaro….that desire will never leave you."
    So cute… that day we had lots of cold dry air in the house…so Ro was full of static.

girl
    Participant

Can I move in with you and live together forever until our periods sync up? :lol:

Oh my! I shouldn’t be out and about and away from my huddling corner.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.