Home Forums General Discussions Site Suggestions + Comments J Mascis & The Fog Free So Free Tour 2003

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

AGAP
    Participant

It’s true, coming soon to a club near you, Sonic to the Max :aliensmile:J Mascis & The Fog :aliensmile:

Joining J on this tour, George Berz on drums & Matt Hunter from New Radiant Storm King on bass. George has played on a number of projects with J, including J Mascis & The Fog and Dinosaur Jr. He will also will be on the new single by New Radiant Storm Kingcoming out in the spring, busy guys 8)

No doubt this tour will be thrilling, hope some of you out there tape it & share the thrill :!: Warming up for the Fog on some of the east coast shows, Ben Lee.

Dates so far….US East Coast Shows

2/09~Albany, NE~Valentines
    2/11~Athens,Ga~40 Watt Club
    2/12~Carborra,,NC~Cats Cradle
    2/13~Charlotesville,VA~Star Hill Music Hall
    2/14~Washington,DC~Black Cat*Valentines Day* 8)
    2/15~Norwalk,DE~Stone ballroom
    2/16~Philadelphia,PA~North Star Bar
    2/18~Hoboken,NJ~Maxwells
    2/19~Brooklyn,NY~ Southpaws
    2/20~New York,NY~Mercury Lounge
    2/21~Cambridge,MA~Middle East

J Mascis & The Fog Free So Free Japanese Tour

24/02::Shibuyu
    25/02::Shinyuya, Liquid Room
    27/02::On Air, Osaka
    28/02::The Fukuroga, Drums Logo

For those that can read Japanese…Japanese tour info

Anyone with info on more shows, warm up bands, questions, pics & sounds to share…please add it to this thread. We’ll add the info to the list, help you post pics in our new FreakScene Album, point you in the direction of one of our FTP sites 8)

Enjoy the shows :!:

AGAP
    Participant

Rumor of a tour in Oz May 2003…J +The Fog :aliensmile:

J Mascis + The Fog – Everybody Lets Me Down from the forthcoming album Free So Free at radio now…

Mister Mascis is back with a new radio single, Everybody Lets Me Down from his forthcoming longplayer, Free So Free. Serviced to radio this week, Everybody Lets Me Down has already been added to Triple J so keep an ear out for it in the coming week. Fans of J and Dinosaur Jr will finally get their fix of the guitar genius’ new material when the album is released on March 17th, 2003.

In the meantime, keep you ear out for the single on the radio and the video for Everybody Lets Me Down on the TV soon. The video sees J audition a whole heap of musicians including Eminem, Lenny Kravitz, guys from Slipnot and The Hives to be in his backing band….

We’ve also heard from J’s camp that he will be making his way back downunder around May this year to tour Free So Free nationally. We’re hoping he will bring his current backing band "The Fog" featuring the Ashton brothers from The Stooges and Mike Watt from Firehose and Minutemen with him! We’ll tell you more soon.

siana
    Participant

I heard a ‘rumour’ today that J Mascis is coming to wellington NZ!! :shock: :D :D Can anybody confirm? ?? :?:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

cool, thanks for telling us about that new rumour, we’ll have an eye on it, and we’ll post further details whenever available :P
    If you should hear more about this (or other!) tour date info elsewhere, please let us know :!:

I really hope, J & the Fog will come your way, siana, and of course: welcome here :mrgreen: :D :!:

psychosurfer
    Participant

But when the hell would he come to Italy? :?

AGAP
    Participant

We’ll keep our fingers crossed J announces a european tour for The Fog sometime soon, as well as a cross US/Canadian tour for the rest of us :aliensmile: For now all we know of are the dates listed above, along with the rumored shows in Oz & NZ.

Hope you got a chance to see J acoustic (sonic acoustic :aliensmile: ) last year, think he was in Rome in late November or December. Couple reviews in our J live forum, some pics of a certain Italian FreakScene member with J as well 8)

Welcome to the site :!:

Allison :mrgreen:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey psychosurfer, welcome here :)

J has been in Rome in December last year, where he played a solo acoustic show. Here’s the nice review of Plissken & some other Italian FreakScene members. You can also find links with pics of that show in the topic:
    J in Rome – 2 December 8)

Well, being European, I’m hoping that J & the Fog will come over to Europe, once more.

AGAP
    Participant

If you want to have the latest info on tours, news, reviews, pics, rumors, everything & anything J :wink: you can sign up to our mailing lists. We put together a newsletter with all the news we can find on J about twice a month, delivered right to your email address. Good option if you don’t check the boards/site frequently… :aliensmile:

Mailing List Newsletter :mrgreen:

rambleon
    Participant

i know this isn’t technically part of a tour, but don’t forget j’s playing at this year’s tapeop conference in portland, or sometime between may 30 + 1 june … :wink:

denizen
    Participant
    "Valentine Frankenstein" wrote:
    We’ll keep our fingers crossed J announces a european tour for The Fog sometime soon, as well as a cross US/Canadian tour for the rest of us :aliensmile: For now all we know of are the dates listed above, along with the rumored shows in Oz & NZ.

Wow I hope J does come to Welllington. I saw him last time here up at the University…. ages ago. Some tomfoolery with changing venues and the useless ticketek people stuffed it up :x which meant I couldn’t get a ticket & had to queue for two hours to get in :cry: ! Fire regs meant they could let in only 18 more people at the last minute… I was # 17 in line. Talk about relief! :lol:

I was also at Bob Mould in Auckland in December. He was available to chat with anyone before the gig and was really apologetic about not coming to Wellington. They had really underestimated his popularity down here! Heaps of Welly folk at his Auckland gig and sold out about 3 times over!
    Lets hope J doesn’t make the same mistake. Need to book a decent sized venue in Auckland and the same in Welly! :wink:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey denizen, let’s keep our fingers crossed that J & the Fog come your way, when they enter the Southern hemisphere next time :P
    cool to hear that there is a big bunch of fans in New Zealand! 8)

And of course: welcome & have a lot of fun here :!: :)

rambleon
    Participant

i wouldn’t be surprised if j makes his way down to australia in may b/c amma’s going to be there too … check it out

http://ammachi.org/tours/amma-tour/australia.html

rambleon
    Participant

… oh yeah … and keep an eye on her US summer tour too … the 1st date is seattle on 5 june and is only // 4 // days after the tape op conference in portland, oregon … hmmmm

http://ammachi.org/tours/amma-tour/united-states.html

FlyingCloud
    Participant

indeed, thanks for the hint, rambleon! :)
    It could be very informative to check the Amma tour dates :D

mjkanas
    Participant

I just saw last nite in the paper – J will be playing at Northsix in Williamsburg, Brooklyn on April 25.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.