Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    michielster
    Participant

I was wondering if anyone has any information on which pedals J is using for his solo shows? There’s a Boss looper in there, and a fuzz pedal for sure, though no idea which one. Anything else I’m missing?
    I’m wondering specifically what he does for his solo’s, how he gets that high pitched sound (is it a pitch shifter or the fuzz pedal?)

SimonM
    Participant

I’ve not been able to see him (unfortunately), but the looper on the live recordings sounds like the Z-Vex Lo-Fi Loop Junkie. It has a deliberate lo-fi sound and adds a slight modulation effect.

michielster
    Participant

Hmm I don’t think that’s it. I was able to see the pedals he used but stupidly enough didn’t think about trying to identify them. One of his pedal definatly looked like a Boss to me. It was a single pedal and had various blinking red lights in a row on it. I think this was used for looping but not 100% sure.

JPDman
    Participant

The blinking boss pedal was probably his tuner.

Matthoney
    Participant

J doesn’t use any loop pedal is isn’t the Loop Junkie. It’s the only all analog looper out there, and he’s obviously prefers that. The Boss looper pedals all are very digital and rather plain sounding, and J doesn’t care for it as much.

His Delay is an old Ibanez delay. Forget which one, and he might have changed it, but his delay tone sounds about the same to me.

For the loud parts, he’s probably still using a Fuzz Factory. He doesn’t use any pitch shifter. All the high end squeals come straight from the pedal (a trademark of the FF).

I don’t think he’s changed his rig around much. And besides, the only truly important aspect is the Loop Junkie since there isn’t another pedal that sounds like it.

darren
    Participant

J’s replaced the Ibanez AD9 delay in his solo set up with an MXR Carbon Copy

michielster
    Participant

Ok thanks for the help, I am now pretty sure the Boss pedal he was using was a tuner, this one: http://di1-4.shoppingshadow.com/images/pi/33/2b/39/96192794-260×260-0-0_BOSS+BOSS+TU+3+Chromatic+Tuner+Pedal.jpg

I’d love to get myself a Fuzz Factory, to get that squealing sound, but it’s pretty expensive… If anybody’s got a good idea for a cheaper alternative, let me know!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.