Home Forums General Discussions Site Suggestions + Comments J Mascis Peel Session – 28 November available via the Web

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Eight Ball Joe
    Participant

Hello All,

Just to let you know that J will be on the John Peel Show on BBC Radio 1 tonight (28 November) playing a session. Even if you’re not in the UK you should be able to pick up the show from the BBC web site either live (not too sure) or from the archive tomorrow.

The URL is http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/
    :)

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey Eight Ball Joe, thanks for the hint :) :P :!:

I checked it out: You can listen to it live, if you hit the "Listen live" button (in the upper part of BBC’s John Peel site) at the right time – that should be: 22:00 to 24:00 o’clock Greenwich time, that’s 5 hours in advance of "Freakscene time" (EST) and 1 hour behind Central European Time.

Of course I hope, J’s new Peel session will appear in their archives, too :P

Generally, I love it to have the possibility to listen to John Peel again, after his show on BFBS seemed to disappear :)

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey, the songs J played were great, the rest of the show was weird – it was definitely a typical John Peel show :P :twisted: 8)
    I’m just listening to the show again and I’m not sure about the first song J played there, either. A cover version? Notting Hillbillies??? :?:

The other songs which J performed live at the show, were hidden between extremely weird cartoon soundtrack music or techno trance stuff…
    J also played a wonderful electric/acoustic version of Alone, Everybody lets me down and an acoustic version of Freakscene :!: :o :mrgreen:
    Like deepsludge said, you can still listen to it on the BBC1/ John Peel site. you find it there in the "listen again" section.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.