Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions J Mascis Guest/Panelist 2002

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    AGAP
    Participant

Not sure what role J Mascis will have at this conference, but seems like a cool deal to me…

http://www.tapeop.com/

just scroll down on the left until you see tapeop conference 2002…follow the link

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Another Girl Another Planet ]</p>

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

i went to college not too far from sacramento, and i’ll be goddamned if the crest isn’t the best theater i’ve ever been to. this sounds like a pretty cool thing. saw mitch easter is also a panelist. he is most famous for producing those early REM albums, but he also produced stuff for game theory, among others, and had his own great band, let’s active. if i had a car and 350 bucks to blow, i’d go.

AGAP
    Participant

Steve Albini as a key speaker sounds pretty sweet as well. Seems J will also be playing at this show… guest/panelist and playing some songs…definitely a cool thing. Mark Linkous of Sparklehorse is also on the list…if your in the area and into home recording etc definitely the deal for you.

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Yeah,Albini as keynote speaker would be worth going to hear that, with J and Mark Linkous there too,sounds like it`s going to be way cool.
    A few years ago they did a similar thing at the local college,had a panel discussion on the vinyl vs cd issue,Bob Weston(Volcano Suns/Shellac) was here,guess Albini was busy so Weston came instead.

Mattman
    Participant

Very cool find Allison… [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Kinda pricey though… Wonder if I could still squeeze in under that low, low student price of $300… [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Assuming, of course, that I made my way to Sacramento. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

ScreamingTree
    Participant

It says he’s playing. Should be cool. Hope he’s better at debating than being interviewed….

Chris
    Participant

Does anyone know if there will be/could a transcript of the conference that J will ba a part of for the rest of us to read? Maybe Jeremiah will know or find out if it could be listed someplace online after it is over. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

J’s not that bad at being interviewed, a lot of it depends on whos asking the questions in my opinion.

Fingers crossed they post a transcript, I kinda think it might cost something though given the conference is so pricey…but will check it out.

Hoping any freakscene member who actually makes the trip to this conference provides us with a review of sorts…PLEASE [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Allison

Munky
    Participant

Hello you… Who am i and who am i talking to?
    I’d answer that but i dont really feel like it and i guess im just crusin’ around on the web to see what i can find and i stumbled on this so i guess ill see you guys later and HEAVY METAL KICKS ASS!
    heh

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.