Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

morecowbell
    Participant

i was listening to more light today for about the millionth time and i just now heard references to God in a few of the songs. does anyone know his religious background or what he believes in? that album seems to be the only one any references to God are in, but maybe i just haven’t listened closely enough

ammaringnyc
    Participant

I think J was raised christian. Irish last name, lives in Massachussets, the crosses and what not on Martin and Me. Now he follows around Amma who is supposedly the human incarnation of the divine so I am not sure. He sometimes asks Amma for help and does mention God so I don’t know exactly what he believes.

puke_and_cry
    Participant

I think the lyric : "I need god beside me, piled deep in sludge" from Back Before You Go would indicate he doesn’t take it all too seriously…

rambleon
    Participant

i always thought of "mascis" as more of an italian name … or maybe greek or something …

AGAP
    Participant

I’m not sure how serious J is about god, sounds like he has a great sense of
    humor though :wink:

J is pretty serious about the Amma thing, heres a link to thread about J performing at an Amma celebration…

J & Amma :aliensmile:

couple pics in our Album…1 & 2 :mrgreen:

SG
    Participant

The anti-christ will be born in Nova Scotia. :shock:[/quote]

He`ll have to wear a kilt,and play the bagpipes;the celtic mafia says so :wink:

Robert
    Participant
    "SG" wrote:
    He`ll have to wear a kilt,and play the bagpipes;the celtic mafia says so :wink:

:D :D
    And you better not mess with the celtic mafia! Those guys are wicked! My money would definetely be on the celtic mafia in that fight!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.