Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions J Mascis and The Fog – Saturday, March 31 setlist

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    terryfunku
    Participant

Fucking amazing night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Severed Lips
    No Bones
    The Lung
    Set Us Free
    Same Day
    Tarpit
    Blowin’ It
    Budge
    Out There
    Ammaring
    The Wagon
    Everybody Lets Me Down
    Freak Scene
    Kracked
    Sludgefeast

Encore

Cortez The Killer
    Just Like Heaven

slimetrail
    Participant

Cortez was both unexpected and mindblowing. PLEASE tell me someone recorded it!!!

terryfunku
    Participant

I recorded both shows and they sound awesome!!!!

slimetrail
    Participant

😀 sharing is caring, ya know!

slimetrail
    Participant

So does anyone know who the dancing chicks during “Just Like Heaven” were?

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Woohoo! That is crazy amazing! Can’t wait to hear it 🙂

terryfunku
    Participant

I know my friend. I must master these recordings now. I cut off the extreme low end when I record and coax it back out during mastering. It’s very tedious work, but well worth it.

terryfunku
    Participant

They were local hippies. They were dancing like Deadheads! The one bumped into J during Cortez’s intro jam and he looked at her and just nodded. Tim, J’s sound engineer, was dying of laughter, as was I.

slimetrail
    Participant

That’s pretty funny. I thought they must’ve been friends of his or something. 🙂 I’ve got a long drive back to Valdez today, but I can’t wait to hear your recordings!!! Are you putting them on freesofree.net?

terryfunku
    Participant

Yeah, it will be a few days though. I have to give them the car speaker test before I finish them. Then I’ll upload them to Dime. Freesofree’s operator will then grab it and put it up there. He always has my blessing do what he wants with my recordings. That is my favorite archive site.

Matthoney
    Participant

Dude, you rock. I can’t wait to hear it. How was the new bassist? Any particularly good spots from him?

Seeings such long sets like this makes me wonder why Dinosaur always tends to be on the shorter side. I wonder if it’s Murph? Regardless, it’s cool to see More Light stuff played, though I’m surprised Alone wasn’t played at either show.

terryfunku
    Participant

Kevin Sweeney, the new bassist was fucking solid. I really enjoyed him on Just Like Heaven. I went up and was right in front of him for that one. That’s a bass-driven song and he was awesome. He nailed it. And the band had ZERO rehearsals leading up to these shows. Kevin never played with the fog before. Plus, he’s a super nice guy and got me backstage to meet J!

Annastefka
    Participant

I can’t wait to hear it as well…thank you,thank you….if you don’t mind be asking terry, when was the last time you had seen J play? Have you been up in Alaska a long time…it looks so beautiful there…. but it seems so far away.

Annastefka
    Participant

Oh, Matthoney, I’m so glad Alone wasn’t played ….it’s an awesome song but I sometimes feel it’s J’s easy go to song. Sort of nice to see it left on the purple shelf somewhere. ;))

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

“Cortez The Killer” and dancing lady! ha!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9hPFvdDxhY

I would love to see another Fog tour too….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.