Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions J Mascis and Sharon Van Etten Team Up to Cover John Denver’s “Prisoners”

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mind_glow
    Participant
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

Here is a video where J is talking about the tune (around 1:37)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFQ9Nld91_s&feature=youtu.be&t=1m37s

I’ve been waiting on this one. Pre-ordered a week or so ago 🙂

Obseqio
    Participant

I love John Denver!

J Mascis’ guitar room is sick! I definitely have to stop by for a visit one day!

King Tubby
    Participant

I can’t get over how good this cut is! You can tell by listening to it that J really prefers to record all the instruments himself as opposed to having other players aboard.

empire3

I love John Denver too! – I would have thought hearing about this project a while back he might do Vincent or Annie’s song after doing the ‘several shades…’ album.

Glad he didn’t because this rocks!(Could not agree more with King Tubby )
    Even his vocal is “slighty better” – I can’t phrase that right, slighty different – I guess on covers it has been before, Because he didn’t write for himself.

J should bang out a covers album, I’m sure it would not take him a day.

@Obseqio
    That was a insane view of his room, I’ve seen pictures but….WOW – He should be glad I’m 3 or 4 thousand miles away : )

Quite looking forward to My Morning Jacket – Leaving on a Jet Plane, Although I doubt it will have the wall of noise J’s has 🙂 & the Evan Dando track

empire3

Just clicked through to a preview of 4 more tracks (Deffo not J’s take on leaving on a jetplane)

mind_glow
    Participant
    empire3

thanks 🙂

tom
    Participant

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.