Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

antipop
    Participant

Is J coming back to OZ any time soon? I carn’t even buy a copy of the new LP as it has not even been released here yet. Whats going on!

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey antipop.
    there will be some Fog shows in Feb. 2003…. & there will be Fog shows in Japan, too. :D :idea: :!:
    … last time when he was on "the other side of the world", he visited Australia as well as Japan… but we don’t know, yet :? :?:
    sorry, that you still can’t buy the album, there :shock: The lucky guys in Japan had it earlier than the rest of the world :aliensmile:

drawering
    Participant

that’ll be awesome when he plays here in oz. what songs do you think/hope he’ll play?

AGAP
    Participant

Hope J in Oz happens for you guys, no dates that we know of yet but if you check some clubs you might find something out, let us know :wink: J is playing in Japan Feb 24th & 25th 8)

Time to order the new disc antipop…the japanese version has two extra songs, No Way & and a very cool 15 minute live version of Alone :aliensmile: HMV ENGLISH LINK:aliensmile:

Allison

ps on that link to hmv you get a prompt to d/l some japanese stuff, just cancel it and the english site comes up :wink:

Salv
    Participant

did anyone catch him when he was in Sydney last, with the Fog? I only found out last moment and missed out!

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Salv :!:

Welcome to the site 8)

Some people did catch a few of the shows, here is a link to a review…J in Oz

There are also some cool stories about the Oz tour in…Watt’s tour diaries

J also did an online interview with that triple J guy, I have the link somewhere, will edit it in when I find it :wink: Couldn’t find the transcipt so here’s a link to the triple J stuff on J… J Triple J interview bits

Hope J comes your way :!:

Allison :aliensmile:

ps found the transcipt for J’s online chat from Oz Feb/01…

Oz online chat transcipt

Salv
    Participant

Thanks muchly for all that stuff Allison.

Yeah hope he comes down. I saw him when he was here last as Dinosaur Jr. I’d missed them the previous time to that as well (being short of cash whilst being a uni student). Anyway, he was awesome. I just wanted to see him play that guitar. Wow.

drawering
    Participant

free so free is definitely out in australia, saw it in a melbourne shop

FlyingCloud
    Participant

still no clue about an Australian tour, but I found something about an Australian release of ‘Free So Free’ in March 2003 in Australia by the Australian label "Dew Process" :mrgreen:

Quote:
    Tuesday December 17th, 2002

J Mascis + The Fog release new album Free So Free

Dew Process are delighted to announce the release of J Mascis + The Fog’s new album, Free So Free in March 2003. Featuring the mercurial sonic brilliance of Dinosaur Jr’s leader and lead-guitarist J Mascis, The Fog is primarily a solo project and follows the acclaimed album More Light in 2000.

…followed by the skydiving press info … :roll:

AGAP
    Participant

March 17th Free So Free available in Oz… :aliensmile: You might want to start checking club dates May 2003 for a certain thrill :wink:

J In Oz :aliensmile:

J Mascis + The Fog – Everybody Lets Me Down from the forthcoming album Free So Free at radio now…

Mister Mascis is back with a new radio single, Everybody Lets Me Down from his forthcoming longplayer, Free So Free. Serviced to radio this week, Everybody Lets Me Down has already been added to Triple J so keep an ear out for it in the coming week. Fans of J and Dinosaur Jr will finally get their fix of the guitar genius’ new material when the album is released on March 17th, 2003.

In the meantime, keep you ear out for the single on the radio and the video for Everybody Lets Me Down on the TV soon. The video sees J audition a whole heap of musicians including Eminem, Lenny Kravitz, guys from Slipnot and The Hives to be in his backing band….

We’ve also heard from J’s camp that he will be making his way back downunder around May this year to tour Free So Free nationally. We’re hoping he will bring his current backing band "The Fog" featuring the Ashton brothers from The Stooges and Mike Watt from Firehose and Minutemen with him! We’ll tell you more soon.

FlyingCloud
    Participant

Here’s the latest news about the Australian Free So Free release :mrgreen:

If someone should get one of these Bonus T-shirts: would be interesting what they look like :)

… and here are the dates for a J Mascis solo acoustic tour across Australia/ New Zealand in May :D

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.