Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Internet radio teaches me about America

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Robert
    Participant

Yesterday there was a revolution in the entertainment section of my office with the introduction of a radio that taps into the magic of the www. I’m sure Erin(or a 3 year old,) can explain this better.
    Thus, my portable turntable, which up until yesterday was the entertainment section of my office, is on a well deserved vacation.
    The neat thing about this radio is that it has a random function where it plays about 20 minutes from each channel. I’ve told it to do so with channels from your United States.

So, what can two days of radio teach you ? I’m not sure, but this is what it taught me;

Someone thought the best thing in the whole wide world would be to have a channel solely devoted to songs performed by ‘Gregorian choirs.’ The Chant Masters are an utterly popular outfit.

There is a product called Grill Daddy that allegedly offers state of the art cleaning of your barbeque.
    The name gives me the shivers and I had to google it to see if it was licensed by NAMBLA.

Americans are worried about their credit rating.
    Americans are interested in investing.
    Americans want to save where it really matters.
    Americans love the smell of a fresh car.

You can cure yourself of migrene without pills or shots, all you need are the patented technique developed by Dr. Heynes(I might spell this wrong,) and you can buy his book for only $24.99 + s&h.

American cars deserve the best in car polish and aftermarket products.

There’s a lot that can go wrong with and for american children. All in all there’s a lot of stuff that can go wrong in the life of americans, luckily you can buy, save, invest, clean or pray your way out of it.
    There’s so much that can go wrong in fact, that I’m starting to get a little nervous by listening to the radio.
    Did you for example know that the frying pan your friends used to cook the delicous meal you have in front of you could be totally infested with bacteria that could cause horrible diareah ?

+There’s a channel that playes Beatles 24/7. Whose name I can’t remember, but I’m hoping the random function will bring it to me within the next 5-6 years.

I’m not sure where I was going with this.

girl
    Participant

Americans give Norwegians the swine flu.

Robert
    Participant

And we are eternally grateful ! :D
    Though the swine flu hasn’t been confirmed in Norway yet. Are you holding out on us ?

girl
    Participant

I’m personally going to spear head the innitiative of tongue kissing every single Norwegian. Because sharing the swine flu means caring.

Robert
    Participant

Sexy infection ! I for one whole heartedly welcome your germs.

girl
    Participant

What’s the matter with you, Robert? :lol:

Actually Vermont is one of the few states that hasn’t had a reported case of swine flu. So come to me Norwegians. I promise you won’t get sick if I lick you in inappropriate places.

Robert
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    What’s the matter with you, Robert? :lol:

I do belive the jury is still out on that one.

girl
    Participant

It’s a shame we live so far away because I would have volunteered to give you a thorough check up to see extacly what ails you. *mind starts wandering to naughty nurse senario*

Robert
    Participant

If this post lacks originality, swing, bang ! or the ability to amuse it’s just because I had to remove all the naughty letters on my keyboard before posting it.

girl
    Participant

Oh naughty letters on Robert’s keyboard, why do you make him put you away so as not to frighten the children? Are you really that naughty that he has to hide you away like the dirty little secret you are? And why am I addressing you like you could actually answer me?

Robert
    Participant

Look at that, the naughty letters I removed jumped into formation and spelled a very naughty sentence after reading your message. It’s a good thing they’re not allowed on the world wide web. Annastefka would’ve scolded me.

essgee09
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    If this post lacks originality, swing, bang !

The swing flu!That would be cool.More Benny Goodman please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mJ4dpNal_k 3mJ4dpNal_k

girl
    Participant
    "Robert" wrote:
    Annastefka would’ve scolded me.

And Tony would have scalded you. With hot coffee. Where is Tony? I miss his bizarre messages and pictures of girls blowing heart shaped smoke rings. Where are you, Tony? Do I have to send out a search and rescue team? Blink twice if you mean yes. And blink once if the answer is potato salad.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.