Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Important Memo for All

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Halfman
    Participant

TO: Those of you deemed worthy

DATE: 12/28/2002

It has come to my attention that we are not all up to date on the "It’s all about me" program. To keep everyone on the same page, please read the following, which will hereafter be referred to as "the Memo".

In order to stay abreast of the current tide of information in this new venture, I am implementing the "It’s all about me" program. Partners in this venture should be aware that participation in the program is mandatory at all times.

The guidelines of the program are actually quite simple. Conversation should be directed at me, about me, or about topics that interest or affect me. At no time should the participant deviate from these guidelines. If, for example, one should attempt a topic that is not of my choosing or liking, one will hear and must respond to the following:

"While I am interested in what you are saying, I am curious as to how you are going to turn it around back to me."

An immediate return to an appropriate conversation is required in the event that this situation should occur.

Equally important to the program is the listening component. While I am talking, participants must display real interest. The "smile and nod" approach will not be tolerated. Witty responses, insightful comments and appropriate body language should be employed. Eye contact and encouraging smiles are key factors in this part of the program.

Should a participant feel that he wants to respond with an anecdote that is not about me, I will accept it only on the following terms: said anecdote must be 30 seconds or less in length and must contain information directly relevant to me. Any response beginning with "you think that’s bad, wait till you hear this" will be summarily dismissed and will count against your overall performance record.

While the primary beneficiary of this program is me, there is also value-added content for the participant, including, but not limited to:

1. My presence
    2. Learning about me
    3. Learnng about things that interest me
    4. Learning about my friends and my friend’s friends

Please contact me/check with me about any questions you may have. I encourage you to keep this Memo on hand for quick referral in case of emergency.

With moderate tolerance,

Tom

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Didn’t De La Soul write the theme-song for the "It’s all about me" program?

[img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Halfman
    Participant

Don’t know. Never listened to them. Mind citing an example, just for the sake of self gratification? [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Me, Myself and I – De La Soul

Chorus:

It’s just me myself and I
    It’s just me myself and I (repeat 3x)

[img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

since this is all about you…exactly, where are you going with this? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by kurticus7:
    <strong>since this is all about you…exactly, where are you going with this? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] </strong><hr></blockquote>

No Kurticus, you got it wrong. Read it again. It’s not about ‘you’. It’s all about ‘me’. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Hey, Half-man,

Being an egotistical moron is my schtick here. Get your own!

– Jaron

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Mattman:
    <strong>

No Kurticus, you got it wrong. Read it again. It’s not about ‘you’. It’s all about ‘me’. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] </strong><hr></blockquote>

so, like I said, if it’s all about "me" then where are "you" going with this? Man this me/ you stuff sure is confusing!!!

"You chose you, refering to me. That’s incorrect. The correct answer is me." (courtesy a la Simpsons)

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: kurticus7 ]</p>

Halfman
    Participant

The previous instructional tool for reveling in my essence came to you courtesy of http://www.mafiaboard.com/wwwboard/messages/7320.htm

I work in the industry that message board is tailored around (child support collections) and they have a pack of crazy folks who banter on thusly.

Fitness Reports:

Den Buck: Excellent. Good acknowledgement of supporting media. Found to be very useful in magnifying my self-worth in a wordly sense. Kudos and a free bask on the house.

Kurticus: Incomplete. I would have graded you lower had I not felt your confusion was aided by one whose unappreciativeness can only be challenged by the blindness caused by overexposure to an inferior ego.

Your question earned points, so I will graciously answer it. There is nowhere to go with any of "this" . It always existed where it needed to be. If you feel like adding to its glorious infinity, you are welcome to do so, within terms, of course.

Mattman: Below average. Your usual and expected attempts at ursurping the Kingdom of I have been noted and measures will be taken that are currently underway to avoid further mocking outbursts. Consider yourself fortunate to remain employable.

One reason the ability to draw breath remains in your stead is that despite the gestures of sarcasm, you succeeded in drawing interest to a worthy cause by the act of participation. You get to keep your spot in the broom closet after all.

Jaron: Unsatisfactory. Nothing you have said directly or indirectly entitles you to the nectar or ambrosia waiting for the fervent subjects. It is a pity you are clinging to an imagined loft. Iago, a character in the play,
    Othello mentioned that reputation is false and idle, got without merit, and lost without deserving.
    Please do search diligently for the truth and if you express the same, again, you will be welcomed with open arms.

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Half-Man ]</p>

Mattman
    Participant

Careful Half-Man, you may find me a more worthy opponent than you realize. Make no mistake, however, I am well aware of your powers, and I will not take you lightly… [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Perhaps you and Kurticus should team up before taking me on… [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

So tommy boy, If I said YOU are incredibly fucked up, and YOU have nothing better to do then sit around evaluating YOUR own self worth and contemplate how YOU can make YOURself feel superior in YOUR own eyes, and in fact it is YOU, rather than not YOU, who is the egotistical moron…would that be more of what YOU are looking for? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] (just playing here)
    Or maybe it’s really about ME and why I’M using MY time replying to your post. If indeed, this is about ME, which it sounds like it should be, then everyone should be discussing KURTICUS’S presence, KURTICUS, KURTICUS’S friends, and KURTICUS’S friends’ friends. And since this is about ME, then we shouldn’t be discussing you or anything else, but rather MYSELF. Because after all, isn’t it ME this whole thread is really about? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

YOU

Strange…how alliances are formed isn’t it?

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: kurticus7 ]</p>

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

KURTICUS-THE INNEFFABLE ONE
    (how’s that for an inferior ego [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] )

Halfman
    Participant

Hmmm…..

Seems like someone feels as though they have been challenged in a fashion. Sorry, my friend, if you felt called to battle. Here, at Shrine Imnumberone, violence and its predecessor, disagreement, will not be tolerated. Fortunately, the benevolence of me feels that time will cure what is tormenting you. Thank you for recognizing the magnitude and awe to which you are akin. Blessings, Mattman.
    [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

As for Kurticus, what gives, my son? Has the tempest of devotionally-draining battle clouded your thoughts? The sooner you will retreat to a state of reasonableness, the sooner the warm, bright, enrapturing aura will protect you and bring safety. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-29-2001: Message edited by: Half-Man ]</p>

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

The soundtrack for this topic:

Wannadies – I love myself
    De La Soul – Me, myself and I
    Live – I alone
    I against I – Passed me by
    Me First & the Gimme Gimmes – Nobody does it better
    Cheap Trick – I want you to want me
    Robbie Williams – Ego a Go Go
    Wannadies – Kill You

[img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

ps. checked out that mafiaboard, I’m glad that I am just an ordinary computer-guy, working at an ordinary bank……

AGAP
    Participant

I don’t know why but I kinda think this song fits this thread…the ME/You thing [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

You’re a waste of space,
    no natural grace,
    You’re so bloody think,
    You don’t even begin
    to interest ME,
    not even curiosity
    it’s not animosity,
    it’s just YOU don’t interest ME.
    You’re an energy void,
    a black hole to avoid,
    no style, no heart,
    YOU don’t even start
    to interest ME
    not even curiosity
    it’s not animosity
    you just don’t interest ME

Wire…Mannequin…killer song [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img] …Go BEARS

What is up with my earless evil grin… [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] I double checked, its not an optical illusion r/t my sleep deprived state…scary

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Another Girl Another Planet ]

[ 12-30-2001: Message edited by: Another Girl Another Planet ]</p>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.