Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups iggy + the stooges to play the download festival (uk)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

rambleon
    Participant

check it out :D
    oh … + i just checked out hootpage + mike watt will be w/them … :mrgreen: :aliensmile: :mrgreen:

FlyingCloud
    Participant

thanks for the link rambleon :)
    that’s an interesting name for a festival … I mean does that mean everything of the festival will be available for download? or am I naive?

cool to see Iggy & the Stooges coming over to play festivals on this side of the ocean again :mrgreen:

rambleon
    Participant
    "Flying Cloud" wrote:
    that’s an interesting name for a festival … I mean does that mean everything of the festival will be available for download? or am I naive?

uhhh … i have no idea :!: … would be cool though if that turned out to be the case …

i was just trying to imagine what mike watt would make of metallica + korn + linkin park etc …

FlyingCloud
    Participant

yeah, not the best musical surrounding, indeed :|

it reminds me of a remark, J made in an interview about Korn:

Quote:
    "I am glad that bands like the Strokes or the White Stripes are appreciated by many people. At least that’s far better as if people would listen to bands like Korn. I saw them playing once on a Belgian Festival. It was like a massive wave of pain was rolling from the stage. I started to understand why people were raped on Woodstock 1999 ."

rambleon
    Participant

whoa !! that’s a pretty strong statement on j’s part :!: :shock: :shock:

btw, if you check out mike watt’s hootpage he says iggy + the stooges are playing dublin – after these 2 shows – as well :aliensmile:

Robert
    Participant
    "Flying Cloud" wrote:
    Quote:
    "I am glad that bands like the Strokes or the White Stripes are appreciated by many people. At least that’s far better as if people would listen to bands like Korn. I saw them playing once on a Belgian Festival. It was like a massive wave of pain was rolling from the stage. I started to understand why people were raped on Woodstock 1999 ."

I really liked that he said that. Good to know that he still has a sharp tongue.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

More Stooges dates from Mike Watt’s Hootpage

thursday, june 3
    download 2004 scotland
    at glasgow green
    glasgow, scotland

saturday, june 5
    download 2004 uk
    at donington park
    derby, england
    44(0)1332 810 048 (phone #)

sunday, june 6
    heineken green energy festival
    dublin, ireland

monday, june 28
    bonn, germany

wednesday, june 28 (more likely: june 30, :wink: dB)
    berlin, germany

friday, july 2
    skelleftea, sweden

sunday, july 4
    novi sad, serbia

tuesday, july 6
    athens, greece

thursday, july 8
    paris, france

saturday, july 10
    turin, italy

sunday, july 11
    weisen, austria

thursday, july 15
    santiago, spain

friday, july 16
    lisbon, portugal

8)

rambleon
    Participant

serbia :o … crazy ! :mrgreen: … glad to see they’ve extended their tour … wonder what they’re doing between the 6th of june + the 28th ?

FlyingCloud
    Participant

a show review and lots of very cool pics from the Stooges gig at the Download Festival:

i94bar.com Stooges show review

from the review:

Quote:
    So before we go any further let’s pause for a second and reflect how all this came about. Three years ago the first steps along the yellow brick road that’s led to this unlikeliest of reunions was taken by Ron Asheton when he guested on a string of UK dates with J Mascis & the Fog (who just happened to include in their ranks one Mike Watt) for a set-closing run through a handful of Stooges covers. Eventually Ron’s younger brother and fellow Stooge Scott Asheton was persuaded to get in on the act and suddently J Mascis & the Fog had become Asheton, Asheton, Mascis & Watt and were playing their way through a full blown Stooges tribute set.

All that now stood in the way of a bona fide Stooges reunion now was whether Iggy himself would decide to get involved and the final piece of the jigsaw duly fell into place when the resurrected Stooges made their debut at California’s Coachella festival in April 2003.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.