Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Live reviews / meetups iggy pop and the stooges … new album, tour dates etc …

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

rambleon
    Participant

not sure if anyone else has mentioned this recent nme article yet … (my computer has been down for a couple of weeks … again :cry:)

http://www.nme.com/news/105502.htm

FlyingCloud
    Participant

hey rambleon, thanks for the link, haven’t seen it before :)

I’m looking forward to Iggy’s new album …not so much because of Green Day, though ;)
    hopefully there will be more Stooges tour dates! :aliensmile:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

AGAP
    Participant

I’d love to hear I Wanna Be Your Dog in an elevator :aliensmile:

Really looking forward to the new stuff with the Asheton brothers, that green day thing kinda scares me :wink:

J still deserves huge props for getting The Asheton brothers out there with him & Watt, no doubt played a part in bringing Iggy’s attention back to The Stooges material :aliensmile:

expect nothing
    Participant
    "Valentine Frankenstein" wrote:
    J still deserves huge props for getting The Asheton brothers out there with him & Watt, no doubt played a part in bringing Iggy’s attention back to The Stooges material :aliensmile:

yeah definitly :):):)

AGAP
    Participant

Friend of mine is going to the show on thursday the 14th…lucky bastard :P

Fingers crossed some souvenirs come my way…. :aliensmile:

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

The Stooges come home , nice aricle from the Detroit Free Press, and J. gets mentioned as well…. 8) :lol: 8)

rambleon
    Participant

hey dB … great find … that’s a cool article … 8)

FlyingCloud
    Participant
    Quote:
    Asheton suspects the attention the Mascis shows attracted were partly responsible for helping spur Iggy to action.

"The response was so great," he says. "I think it was kind of a test for Iggy — ‘Man, these guys are doing Stooges songs. Well, I’m in the Stooges!’ "

very cool article, great find, dB! :D

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

From arthurmag.com:

Arthur 6 Contents
    The Return of Iggy & the Stooges

Featuring photographs by Peter Whitfield from their stunning live comeback at Coachella.

Kristine McKenna talks with IGGY POP. ‘Nuff said.

RON & SCOTT ASHETON discuss their past, present and future with Jay Babcock.

How bassist MIKE WATT ended up onstage with Iggy & the Stooges, in his own words.

DON FLEMING on the lost Wylde Ratttz sessions that have led to so much more

you can check arthurmag.com to find out where you can get your free copy of this magazine (if you’re living in the US… :twisted: )

tom
    Participant

I just got back from The Stooges show in Detroit (DTE) tonight. The Stooges rocked!

I missed The Von Bondies, which was no big loss to me. I’m not a big fan of them anyways.

I walked in just in time to catch Sonic Youth. I didn’t think they were as good as the last time I saw them about a year ago in Royal Oak. I tend to get bored when their noise tanjents go on for longer then 2 miutes. They went off on a tanjent after Teenage Riot, that must have been 15 minutes long. It got boring. Thurston was humping his guitar, then standing on it, and the other guitar players were having a sword fight with thier guitars. It just got old.
    When I saw them last year, they seemed to have total control over what they where trying to accomplish as a band. Tonight, they seemed out of control. Some people may have liked it, but I didn’t. I’ve seen Sonic Youth several times, and I thought this was the worst I’d ever seen from them.

DTE holds a little over 15,000 people, and it was almost full. I was so glad Watt had a chance to play such an important gig. The crowd was really into the show, and you could tell teh band and the crowd were feeding off of each other.
    The band rocked, and Iggy was Iggy. Ron’s guitar was great, and Watt was Watt. My words can’t do the show justice. One of the highlights was during Real Cool Time and No Fun, when Iggy encouraged the fans to join the band on stage. At least 60 fans went on stage, and jumped around with the band.
    The Stooges were incredible. I strongly encourage anyone to catch them if they get a chance.
    Tom

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

SG
    Participant

Thanks for the review Tom :) and the links DB 8)

AGAP
    Participant

Thanks for the review Tom, sounds like an amazing show! Hope they do a bunch more shows to promote the upcoming release :!:

Great pics, thanks DB :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.