Home Forums General Discussions Site Suggestions + Comments If you have problems with FreakScene.net email accounts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

If you have problems with the freakscene.net email service, please do not contact me about them. Everyone.net is the backbone service provider and they do any account terminations/suspensions based on their terms of service. I don’t have access to any more info than that so I can’t do anything about them.

Contact their support and maybe they can provide you with a reason and you can clarify it with them. – http://www.everyone.net/email-company/contact.html

If you did nothing wrong I suspect your account may have been hacked and spam mail sent from it since that seems to be the case most of the time when stuff like this happens.

If you do contact me, REPEATEDLY, and even threaten legal recourse, could you do me a favor and actually use a working email address Einstein? YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE. How can I reply to you if you can’t be reached….

If it were not for the 1500+ active accounts on there I would have dropped it long ago since there are so many better options out there.

If you are having problems and being civil about it I will also follow up with their support too but threats will not get you very far with me.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

also, just did a search for the email address that is in question to try and contact this person and every account I find is a spam account. I can imagine that this is why the account was closed.

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

New update from Everyone.net – If you get locked out it may be these changes too. Just FYI to those of you using the service

We have two announcements of upcoming changes to our environment.

First, in the past, our auto locking features have only been enabled on outbound spam caught by our spam detection engines. Starting June 14th, we are also going to start auto locking users based on feedback loop reports. Feedback loop reports are end users who were recipients of email from one of the Everyone.net users and clicked on a ‘this is spam/abuse’ link in their email/webmail. Our statistics on the thresholds we’re using do not show a significant increase in auto locks, but it will help control the overall spam going on, as yet another automatic tool to stop spam.

Second, with our recent password change scheme, some users are still at risk with their passwords being compromised and may never know this. Also on June 14th, we are implementing a rate limit for entering in a password incorrectly. After five (5) attempts for a password being entered incorrectly, our automated system will make the account inaccessible for a short period of time. Users experiencing sudden blackouts of email programs being unable to connect may want to log into web mail and change their password. All paid services have admins that can update their end-user passwords as needed to assist them with this.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.