Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sonny
    Participant

I was wondering what anybody thought of the ibanez s470. i am looking to get a new guitar. i haven’t played it yet, but i like the specs and the fact that it has humbuckers and it looks pretty sleek. any comments? any other suggestions. i want a heavy sounding guitar.

Randy Jane
    Participant

A comment….stay away from ibanez. Go for like, Fender, Gibson, or Prs. Really about anything but Ibanez. If you want to get that new metal sound everyone loves now for some reason, get one of the old Fender Squier HM guitars…they look like Jacksons but they play and sound awesome (my cousin has one). I have this really cool new Squier Tele that would blow away a lot of the newer guitars (one reason for buying it…..but I HATE NEW!!!!) ok….thats all I have to say. Randy Jane

malcom
    Participant

Um. . . offhand I’d say that Fender, Gibson, and PRS are in a sligtly different camp from Ibenhad. But seriously, if an instrument makes you happy, go for it. Typically, however, you can get a better deal buying used gear, plus used gear comes "broken in" for you. But always, ALWAYS, play a guitar before you buy it.

If you actually care, J hates humbuckers. Not saying you should, but somebody else is virtually guarranteed to say it.

kt
    Participant

I have a Ibanez RG570 that I have had for about 9 years and it is a great guitar.

Unless Ibanez does not build quality anymore (which I have not heard that) go ahead and check it out. You definatly need to play any guitar through your sound setup to really get an idea if you want it or not.

I would also like to get a Fender Strat for the difference of sound you can achieve, but if for some reson your heart is set on the Ibanez it will not hurt to check it out.

<FONT>[ July 27, 2001 10:20 AM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by kt ]</font>

malcom
    Participant

Btw, one of my favorite basses is a bottom of the line Ibenhad GIO Soundgear. It actually ranks up with my Ricky

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.