Home › Forums › Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists › Guitar Room › Ibanez s470
- This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 21 years, 10 months ago by malcom.
July 20, 2001 at 10:51 pm #43279
I was wondering what anybody thought of the ibanez s470. i am looking to get a new guitar. i haven’t played it yet, but i like the specs and the fact that it has humbuckers and it looks pretty sleek. any comments? any other suggestions. i want a heavy sounding guitar.July 22, 2001 at 1:47 am #55730
A comment….stay away from ibanez. Go for like, Fender, Gibson, or Prs. Really about anything but Ibanez. If you want to get that new metal sound everyone loves now for some reason, get one of the old Fender Squier HM guitars…they look like Jacksons but they play and sound awesome (my cousin has one). I have this really cool new Squier Tele that would blow away a lot of the newer guitars (one reason for buying it…..but I HATE NEW!!!!) ok….thats all I have to say. Randy JaneJuly 24, 2001 at 2:09 am #55731
Um. . . offhand I’d say that Fender, Gibson, and PRS are in a sligtly different camp from Ibenhad. But seriously, if an instrument makes you happy, go for it. Typically, however, you can get a better deal buying used gear, plus used gear comes "broken in" for you. But always, ALWAYS, play a guitar before you buy it.
If you actually care, J hates humbuckers. Not saying you should, but somebody else is virtually guarranteed to say it.July 27, 2001 at 12:19 pm #55732
I have a Ibanez RG570 that I have had for about 9 years and it is a great guitar.
Unless Ibanez does not build quality anymore (which I have not heard that) go ahead and check it out. You definatly need to play any guitar through your sound setup to really get an idea if you want it or not.
I would also like to get a Fender Strat for the difference of sound you can achieve, but if for some reson your heart is set on the Ibanez it will not hurt to check it out.
<FONT>[ July 27, 2001 10:20 AM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by kt ]</font>August 1, 2001 at 1:42 am #55733
Btw, one of my favorite basses is a bottom of the line Ibenhad GIO Soundgear. It actually ranks up with my Ricky
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)