Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic I want to hear new Music

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    bob
    Participant
    "SG" wrote:
    "bob" wrote:
    Check out Joel RL Phelps. He used to be in silkworm and his music is probably the most emotionally gutwrenching stuff I know, what a voice, and he rocks in a way a dino fan would appreciate

I used to hate Phelps` voice.I thought he should be singing for Creed or something :shock: but I`m liking his voice a little more.

hmmm, I never thought he had one of those voices at all. hmm, must say I disagree. Maybe if you only heard warm springs night and the silkworm stuff you would just think he was a screachy guy

bob
    Participant
    "crazycloud" wrote:
    i hink there is already enough emotional crap out there.. how bout some happy psych mindwrenching stuff. when is that going to come back..?

maybe the arcade fire or the decemberists if you haven’t heard already. I can’t think of anything mindwrenching right now :?

crazycloud
    Participant

HOT SNAKES !!!

check out their website itll spin your gulliver!

snow
    Participant
    SG
    Participant
    "bob" wrote:
    "SG" wrote:
    "bob" wrote:
    Check out Joel RL Phelps. He used to be in silkworm and his music is probably the most emotionally gutwrenching stuff I know, what a voice, and he rocks in a way a dino fan would appreciate

I used to hate Phelps` voice.I thought he should be singing for Creed or something :shock: but I`m liking his voice a little more.

hmmm, I never thought he had one of those voices at all. hmm, must say I disagree. Maybe if you only heard warm springs night and the silkworm stuff you would just think he was a screachy guy

I was refering to his songs on Silkworm`s Libertine and In The West.Stuff like Oh How They Laughed.I have`nt heard any of his solo stuff.

bob
    Participant
    "SG " wrote:
    I was refering to his songs on Silkworm`s Libertine and In The West.Stuff like Oh How They Laughed.I have`nt heard any of his solo stuff.

i avoided his solo stuff for years too because i didn’t think his material was as good as tim or andy’s but it seems like all three of them improved as songwriters by leaps and bounds once they parted. This is an old topic but I’ve listened to Phelp’s records more than twice a week since. Strange thing with Silkworm too, I listen to them more every year since I discovered them. they grow on you like a weed. So yeah, Joel’s solo stuff is better than his silkworm stuff (singing and songwriting)by a magnitude of 10. i recommend Blackbird to start with.

SG
    Participant

Thanks for the Phelps recommendation :)

Yeah Silkworm are a big fave of mine too.Firewater is one of the greatest records there is.

lookitssam
    Participant

Lightning Bolt

bob
    Participant
    "SG " wrote:
    Thanks for the Phelps recommendation :)

Yeah Silkworm are a big fave of mine too.Firewater is one of the greatest records there is.

definetly in my top twenty albums ever. that’s the one I always come back to (and Developer). So many quotable lines from Andy

King Tubby
    Participant

Jesu — s/t

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.