Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic I Want To Buy a Black Flag Album: Suggestions

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Rooster
    Participant

I have heard 3 or 4 of their songs and i like em but i just don’t know which album to buy first. I was thinking of Damaged but i’m not sure. I guess i just want to know if there are any shitty records to avoid.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

IMHO ‘Damaged’ is the essential Black Flag album, ‘In my head’ is great as well, their live albums are very good as well! (especially ‘Live 84’). They didn’t make any real bad records (some of the stuff on ‘My War’ is quite boring though…..)

SG
    Participant

Damaged is the album to get first,I agree with DB,it`s the best album they ever did.I also like The First Four Years which is all pre Rollins era stuff and is a good comp of early stuff.

squeapler
    Participant

yeah, i say "damaged"…basically i’d say anything pre-rollins is the best stuff. not thrilled about the effect he had on their sound.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

News about a Black Flag tribute album featuring some cool (and surprising) contributors…

inkling
    Participant

Yeah, so Rollins is a steroid freak now, but Hank was pretty damn great in his Black Flag days. No Greg Ginn, but still he held his own…

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Rise Above – 24 Black Flag songs to benefit the West Memphis Three is out now, nice to read Henry Rollins’ view on it!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.