Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic I saw the Monkee’s live last night

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author

SG
    Participant

Jazz singer Cassandra Wilson does a cool cover
    of`Last Train To Clarksville`,I think it`s on her
    "New Moon Daughter" album.

jeremiah
    Keymaster

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dfkgurl:
    <STRONG>Jeremiah, where did your dad see them? A dear friend of mine from work saw the same tour in Jacksonville. He said they were booing Hendrix off the stage. Pretty nuts.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In Charlotte [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img] He got the same response here! My dad said he was blown away but the majority of the audience consisted of teenagers and their parents that were their to see the Monkeys so it was not well received at the time [img]images/smiles/converted/lol.gif[/img]

(My parents are pretty young – I was born a week after their first anniversary, my mother was 16 and on my dad’s 21’st birthday) [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

I thought some more Monkees trivia that you may or may not know:
    -David Bowie changed this name from David Jones to Bowie to avoid confusion with Davy Jones.
    -Mike Nesmith`s mother invented liquid paper.
    -Michael Stipe said in an interview that the Monkees mean more to him than the Beatles.
    -Some critic said once that Weezer sound like the Monkees with distortion.

I was in a music store years ago and the guys kept playing a song by the Monkees over and over again,they must have played it 5 or 6 times,I don`t know what song it was.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by salamiguy:
    <STRONG>
    -Mike Nesmith`s mother invented liquid paper.
    </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure? I’ve heard this before only to be told by everyone that it’s pure bunk. I don’t know either way though conclusively. He DID go on to be one of the founders of MTV though.

SG
    Participant

I heard the liquid paper thing mentioned on Canada`s national radio network,the CBC and on Rock and Roll Jeporady on muchmoremusic
    which runs VH1 stuff like R n R Jeporady.

Rich
    Participant

quote:

No, the "shitty Beatles" were the Rolling Stones. The Stones aren’t fit to open for a "real" band like the Monkee’s.

Just kidding everyone.

I pray to god that you are the rolling stones are in my opinion hte third best band of all time

The Beatles
    The Doors
    The Rolling Stones

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by el jesus de gordo:
    <STRONG>quote:

No, the "shitty Beatles" were the Rolling Stones. The Stones aren’t fit to open for a "real" band like the Monkee’s.

Just kidding everyone.

I pray to god that you are the rolling stones are in my opinion hte third best band of all time

The Beatles
    The Doors
    The Rolling Stones</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, I’m just kidding. No disrespect to the Stones. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by salamiguy:
    <STRONG>I heard the liquid paper thing mentioned on Canada`s national radio network,the CBC and on Rock and Roll Jeporady on muchmoremusic
    which runs VH1 stuff like R n R Jeporady.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if it was on Rock and Roll Jeopardy, then that’s good enough for me. [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

PeteSome
    Participant

The only record I’ve been listening to since moving is the first side of the 12" Greatest Hits of the Monkees. Its partly laziness that’s stopped me unpacking and partly the fact its a fantastic album.

Also any other youngsters in UK might want to catch the monkees repeats on the cable channel Trouble in the afternoon, total class [img]images/smiles/converted/smile.gif[/img]

I had heard of the liquid paper thing. I think thats what gave him the money for mtv, but I could be wrong.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeteSome:
    <STRONG>

I had heard of the liquid paper thing. I think thats what gave him the money for mtv, but I could be wrong.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would make a lot of sense.

PeteSome
    Participant

What would? That I’m wrong??

[img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/redface.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

The Monkees are on Leno tonite…I hate Leno but hey have to tape it anyways [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Another Girl Another Planet:
    <STRONG>Hey,

The Monkees are on Leno tonite…I hate Leno but hey have to tape it anyways [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the 411… you know if they’re a musical guest or just interviewing?

AGAP
    Participant

Hey elj,

Sorry don’t have a clue, just going to tape it anyways…back to work tonite [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] so will have to see in the am. Fingers crossed its a musical guest appearance.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Another Girl Another Planet:
    <STRONG>Hey elj,

Sorry don’t have a clue, just going to tape it anyways…back to work tonite [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] so will have to see in the am. Fingers crossed its a musical guest appearance.

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks anway… I’ll go look somewhere///

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.