Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic I just bought…

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 153 total)
  • Author

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Robert,

Thanks for the tip, just mentioned it to him so heres hoping in the next day or two I will be able to post on it. Again thanks for the Flaming Sideburns tip as well [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

ps I am rarely subtle [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Hey Robert:
    The Pavement Trivia question:it`s "Box Elder" from the Westing compilation,it was on a early single that I don`t remember the name of.
    more pave trivia:what two bands did steve malkmus guest with in 97?clue [img]images/smiles/converted/redface.gif[/img]ne american,one british.

Eggwater-that is the first 11th Dream Day album,i never heard anything from it,they`re later albums are great,McCombs played also with the For Carnation,Janet from 11thdd is from Louisville so you see the connection to Slint,Rick from 11thdd also toured with the Palce Brothers when Dave Pajo was`nt available;Ira from Yo La Tengo guested on lead guitar with 11thdd on a 92 tour,that would have been cool to see.

SG
    Participant

Any guesses on the Pavement trivia question of mine?
    another clue [img]images/smiles/converted/redface.gif[/img]ne band is indie,the other one is well known.

SG
    Participant

Don`t know much about Swedish prog,German Prog I`m a little more knowledable in.

I`m going to start a pavement trivia thread,so check it out soon.

maxini
    Participant

Correct answer: Träd, Gräs och Stenar (Trees, Grass and Stones)

ps .. not a huge fan myself

SG
    Participant

The Pavement trivia thread is there now.

maxini
    Participant

Going back a bit ..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Another Girl Another Planet:
    <STRONG>The cover of that Pushing Scandinavian thing is a bit much for me [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] so flipped it inside out.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    LOL, can’t see why .. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

And Robert, Ass Cobra does ring a bell, think that’s the one that turned me off .. Hmm, can’t believe I just wrote what I did, please don’t quote me on that one outta context
    [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Maxini,

VG handed me the disc upside down and waited for my reaction when I turned it over… [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] laughed himself silly when I saw it [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

Robert thanks for the Gluecifer link, probably will check out more of them. Have the Hellacopters split disc with Gluecifer…pretty cool.

Allison…VERY happy BEARS fan…they just kicked the vikings butts… [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/tongue.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

Robert
    Participant

Allison, a link to a nice little Gluecifer mp3 -I Got A War. Should serve as a pretty good introduction to the band if you haven’t heard them. I’m trying hard to push some more scandinavian rock on you…. http://www.scumm.net/rockpics/mp3gluecifer.html

Salami, I’m really turning my head upside down trying to find the answers to your trivia… It’s really embarrasing that I haven’t got the answer. I just keep thinking Silver Jews(since young Malkmus is a part of that group,) but they didn’t release anything in ’97. Could have been a couple of concerts though…. Guess I’ll have to hoist the white flag and surrender to your royal Paveness. This really is embarrasing!!!!!!!!!!! [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

<FONT>[ September 23, 2001 12:13 PM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by Robert ]</font>

SG
    Participant

Robert,here`s the answer:
    Silkworm,on a b side;a cover of Bob Dylan`s You A`int Going Nowhere,Malkmus plays guitar and sings on it.
    Elastica,on a song for a movie soundtrack.

Robert
    Participant

*says in humble voice*
    it’s now official -you are the royal Paveness. Especially if you know the intended name of Malkmus’ debut album. And why the name of the backinggroup is The Jicks.

SG
    Participant

I think the debut was going to be called "Who the f**k is Steve Malkmus?".
    The Jicks,I don`t know why they called themselves that.

Robert
    Participant

1. Swedish Reggae.
    2. Malkmus thought it sounded like a nervous disorder.

But not nearly a good a question as yours though.. So I’m signing up for Pave 101 this semester…

maxini
    Participant

Think I’ve read somewhere that Malkmus’ debut album was to be called Swedish Reggae .. [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]

maxini
    Participant

Well, to hell with my last post then …

Now, what swedish 70’s prog band is Malkmus a big fan of?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.