Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic I just bought…

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 153 total)
  • Author
    SG
    Participant

I live in Canada so I know Neko Case,she`s an ex riot grrl,used to be(maybe still is)a girl band called Girl Trouble in Tacoma,Wash.;she was also in Maow(I hope I spelled that right)which was a punk/rockabilly band.
    Sook Yin Lee was in a band called Bob`s Your Uncle 10 years ago,now you can see her as a vj on Muchmusic;Canada`s answer to mtv.she did a good interview with Frank Black not long ago.
    Nina Perrson and Mark Linkous?weird.I like that Johnston cover"Walking The Cow";I have a whole album of Johnston covers by Kathy McCarty;who used to be in Glass Eye,my fav song is "Like A monkey In A Zoo";sounds like my life.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Salamiguy wrote: <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote

Quote:
    Sook Yin Lee was in a band called Bob`s Your Uncle

"Bob’s yer uncle" was a Happy Mondays tune, ooh, the glorious days of Madchester…..

Nina Persson appears on the new Sparklehorse album, so this collaboration wasn’t that big a surprise…
    I don’t know that much about Daniel Johnston, except that he’s some kind of cult-figure, and that fIREHOSE covered ‘Walking the cow’ as well…..

SG
    Participant

Daniel Johnston is from California originally but is known on the Austin Texas scene.He is a schizophrenic,and uses music as his outlet.He`s wrote some good tunes over the years,his fans have included Kurt Cobain and Sonic Youth and Yo La Tengo.
    He`s recorded alot of homemade tapes,very lo fi organ and vocals as well as some stuff with a band.
    The Kids soundtrack that Lou Barlow masterminded included some Johnston tunes.

SG
    Participant

Bought these this morning:
    JAMC-Psychocandy
    Swervedriver-Ejector Seat Reservation
    The Jam-Setting Sons
    The Damned-Collection
    Laughing Hyenas-Life Of Crime
    Vic Chesnutt-The Salesman And Bernadette

Got all of these for $10 each!

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Salamiguy,

Ten bucks each, not bad at all. ESR by Swervedriver is still 35 bucks here, new of course but cannot find it anywhere in the used places. Mine is kinda messed up but still playable at times [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img] Damned Collection, what songs are on that one?

Not a bad haul at all, gotta love those kind of mornings!!!

Allison [img]images/smiles/converted/aliensmile.gif[/img]

Cloud9
    Participant

Hello

I didnot bought Any Cd’s Lately
    But Yesterday I got from Somebody at Work 4 Cdr’s with Several Great Radio Sessions
    by The Palace Brothers, Many Great Tracks & Several unreleased Songs,
    So He made me Very HAppy with that

Cloud9
    Participant

Hey Den Buck

Can U tell Me a Little More About that "A Camp" CD
    Never heard anything about it, is it just released or is it a Oldie?

I’m a Big Sparklehorse Fan, So Im Curious about this

Thanx

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Not2Amused,

Picked up a Sparklehorse myself, pretty cool. Den Buck has gone to Sweden for a couple weeks…hiking & mountain biking so could be awhile b4 he responds.

Cloud9
    Participant

Hey Another Girl

Thanks for the Reply
    I will Ask Him Again in October
    I will be gone in 2 Weeks for My Vacation, At last, I will go to France for 3 Weeks

BTW What Sparklehorse Album Did U Bought?

C Ya

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

Three weeks in France, sounds very very cool. Think they opened up those spooky catacombs again that are lined with the bones of the long gone [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] No doubt you will be stocking up on discs, have fun!!!

Picked up the most recent Sparklehorse, only one I could find. Will probably order the rest asap, checked out the videos on launch that salamiguy told you about. The guy wears a shiny silver suit well!!!

SG
    Participant

Allison-glad you checked out Sparkehorse;they don`t have the new album here,maybe it`ll pop here someday.Their/his(it really is Mark Linkous `s project)other two albums are great-Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot and Good Morning Spider,I bought Good Morning Spider at Future Shop so check and see if they have it there.The first album with the long title I bought used,so keep an eye out at used stores,it might pop up,actually I saw 2 copies of it used at one store,

The Damned collection I bought is a best of the 80`s compilation,I was hoping it would be the 70`s but there was no way of telling it of what era it was,I bought it anyway since I had nothing by them.It has some live stuff from 88 of old tunes like "New Rose" and "Smash It Up".
    Could`nt believe I found Psychocandy!could never find any JAMC around here before so it was surprising.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey Salamiguy,

Psychocandy kicks ass, very lucky you found it!!! Barbed Wire Kisses is another to keep an eye out for. Smash It Up is a great song, Dave Vanian is not a very good singer live though. New Rose is a classic Brian James guitar song, gotta love that, Captain Sensible is an amazing bass player even if he played butt ass naked most of the time [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] I was not big on the Phantasmagoria stuff by The Damned but hey they had a few good songs. Machine Gun Etiquette is amazing, Plan 9, Love Song ( I have all the 45’s of that one…very cool) Just Can’t Be Happy Today, WOW doesn’t really cover it but I’ve been up all nite so best I can do [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img] Hope you can find that one sometime or the 1st one Damned Damned Damned with Neat Neat Neat on it, that song alone is worth the price of the disc.

I’m rambling now think its time to try and sleep…yeah right [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]

Allison

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

I bought The Seeds first album called The Seeds…it’s marvellous!!

garage-psych-tastic!!!

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Another Girl Another Planet:
    <STRONG>I was not big on the Phantasmagoria stuff by The Damned but hey they had a few good songs</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally changing subjects…

Does anyone remember the computer game Phantasmagoria… it was one of those Sierra adventures done entirely in FMV… damn, that and The Beast Within were tight…

SG
    Participant

Eggwater-would you believe that I saw the first Seeds album yesterday at the store I was at,did`nt have enough money for it,like to check it out sometime.

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 153 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.