Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic I just bought 2

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)
  • Author

K7 Rides Again
    Participant

Ear Bleeding Country…
    Well kiddies…I finally shelled out the hideous amount of $17 for this one but definately worth it!
    Somewhat dissatisfied…for some reason I was under the impression all the songs were redone rather than just a compilation (what was I thinking? [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img] ). Still good though!
    Wish they used the live version of THUMB from WCWM but hey, it’s a good song no matter what!
    Absolutley love TAKE A RUN AT THE SUN. Gives me chills for some reason (but in a good way), love the lyrics, just beautiful and powerful!
    Peace Kurtis

Robert
    Participant

Royal Trux -Thank You

Euroboys -1999 Man 10"

Turbonegro -Darkness Forever! vinyl ,-this is a masterpiece so if you’re able to get hold of it -do it!
    AMG review
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=A3j9as35qa3vg

Stephen Malkmus -Jenny And The Ess-Dog 7"

Weezer -Green Album on green vinyl.

Madrugada -New Depression EP

Cloud9
    Participant

Smashing Pumpkins

* Untitled
    * Rotten Apples (Greatest Hits)
    * Judas O (Bsides + Rarities)
    * 1991 – 2000: Greatest Hits Video Collection on DVD

sappy
    Participant

i ordered two cds recently..

Squirrel Bait – Squirrel Bait
    The For Carnation – For Carnation

(original album titles aye..)

anyone know these dudes?

Squirrel Bait were the band that spawned Slint, Tortoise, For Carnation, Evergreen and others..

can’t wait for these cds to come through..

SG
    Participant

Sappy-yeah,I`ve heard of these dudes.Awesome bands that everyone should check out.
    Squirrel Bait was a wicked band,I don`t have that first album but what I heard from it is great,Sun God is a great song.I have the second SB album-Skag Heaven,which is one of my fav albums of all time,Choose Your Poison is a killer song,ditto for Kick The Cat,and their cover of Phil Ochs `s Tape From California kicks ass.
    The For Carnation are cool,Brian MacMahon`s post Slint band,he was also in Squirrel Bait as well.

One related band to check out is Bitch Magnet,David Grubbs from Squirrel Bait/Bastro/Gastr Del Sol is rumored to be the guitarist,they were just as awesome as Squirel Bait,check out any of their stuff.they were around in the late 80` s,early 90`s,Soo Young Park who later fronted Seam was the bassist/singer.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Hey Spaceboy, I bought the Smashing Pumpkins Rotten Apples/Judas 0 compilation as well, had nearly forgotten how great a song ‘Rhinocerous’ was, great to hear all those amazing songs again. Some great stuff on the ‘Judas 0’ disc as well, I love their cover of ‘Rock on’!

It’s a good year for compilations, I also bought ‘Storm Hymnal, gems from the vaults of Grant Lee Buffalo’, disc one has all the ‘greatest hits’ from this very underrated band, disc two has 14 unreleased songs on it, some amazing beautifil ones among them!

turnipfarmer
    Participant

hey Salamiguy,

just bought "Ask Me Tomorrow" by Mojave 3. fell in love with it after listening the first time. I would describe it as "Slowdive of the pleasent kind". thanks again for that recommendation! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

TF-glad you liked it,I don`t have that album but heard some songs from it,Out Of Tune is a great album,check that out next,Excuses For Travellers is good as well,not as solid as Out Of Tune but worth checking out.

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

anybody buy the new silver jews yet?

recently got ‘hypnotised’ by the undertones off half.com with one of their stupid $5 off coupons. if you don’t already know, just create a new account each time and use a coupon each time. its a good album, but apparently OOP now. damn ryko sometimes.

sadly, i’m broke, unemployed, and can’t afford to buy cds really.

SG
    Participant

Have`nt bought the new Silver Jews yet and I doubt that it`ll be around here since the selection sucks most times.
    I heard one of the lyrics is:"I wish I had a 1000 bucks,I wish I was the Royal Trux"

buckingham rabbit
    Participant

that dave berman has a way with words not unlike his pal steve malkmus. its no wonder they are/were in a band together. its too bad steve isn’t on the new one, but what can you do?

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Evan Dando – Live at the Brattle Theatre/Griffith Sunset EP
    Disc 1 is a solo acoustic gig, great stuff, a great cover of Big Star’s ‘Thirteen’, it’s a shame he didn’t play ‘Rudderless’ that night (he did that at the Paradiso last year, and it was amazing…)
    On disc 2 Evan plays 7 covers, from Fred Neil’s ‘Ba-de-da’ via Townes van Zandt’s ‘Nothin’ to Tim Hardin’s ‘Tribute to Hank Williams’, very fine covers indeed……

Snowpony – Sea shanties for spaceships
    Members include Deb Googe (My Bloody Valentine), Debbie Smith (Echobelly) and K.L. Gifford (Stereolab). Sounds somewhere between MBV, the Slits (remember them?) and Belly, nice stuff!

Cloud9
    Participant

Godspeed U Black Emperor:
    * Lift Yr Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven
    * Slow Riot For New Zero Kanada

I finally bought my 1st Godspeed Albums
    Lift Yr Skinny Fists is such an Amazing + Wonderfull Album

[ December 02, 2001: Message edited by: Spaceboy ]</p>

SG
    Participant

Spaceboy-congrats on getting the Godspeed albums!I have Lift Yr Skinny…,great album,my fav piece is track 1 on disc 2,the one that opens with the guy talking about Coney Island,amazing piece of music,all 23 minutes!

Cloud9
    Participant

Halo Salami

Thanx, its a beauty
    Godspeed comes 2 Holland next year
    I must see that gig

2Day I bought A Silver Mount Zion – Born Into Trouble As The Sparks Fly Upward
    Also a great Masterpiece

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.