Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic I just bought 2

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)
  • Author

Cloud9
    Participant

Songs: Ohia – Mi Sei Apparso Come Un Fantasma

A Great + Beautiful Live Album
    With 5 Unreleased Songs

AGAP
    Participant

Hmm think I am posting this in the right spot this time [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Had to order these online as the wimpy record stores around here just don’t have what I’m looking for. One store didn’t even know that there was such a thing as Dinosaur Jr EBC [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Sparklehorse…Distorted Ghost and Vivadixiesubmarinetransmissionplot

Modest Mouse…Everywhere and His Nasty Parlour Tricks

Also will be keeping my eye out for Cream of The Crap by The Hellacopters [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] , volume one of the singles compilation will be out sooner rather than later. Eighteen songs, no track listing but no doubt it will be very cool [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Allison [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

ps Nick and Strings from The Hellacopters are doing the dj thing in Norway and Sweden in the next little while [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

SG
    Participant

Just bought:
    Hope Sandoval And The Warm Inventions-Bavarian Fruit Bread;good to see this,it`s been too long since Mazzy Star released an album,5 years I guess.The drummer from MBV-Colm O`Cloisig helped out alot on this,William Reid from JAMC wrote one of the tunes.Should be pretty good,one review I read gave it a 9 out of 10.

Allison-There`s another Sparklehorse ep,"Chords I`ve Known" on Slow River Records,you might want to order that sometime.

They still don`t have Ear Bleeding Country here yet!which is strange because Tom Waits best of 73-80 on Rhino is here,everyone should check that out if you have`nt listened to Waits much.

AGAP
    Participant

Hey,

VG picked up a great disc for me yesterday…

White Trash Soul! Split disc with The Hellacopters and The Flaming Sideburns on Bad Afro Records [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

Hellacopters do a couple of wicked covers by Smokey Robinson, Whole Lot of Shakin’ In My Heart and Get Ready. They also cover a Flaming Sideburns song Ungrounded Confusion…sweet [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
    Flaming Sideburns cover the Hellacopters tune Psyched Out and Furious, do a pretty cool job of it. Great disc, highly recommend it [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] I am so looking forward to checking out the tribute albums the Hellacopters are playing on, Scott Morgan and Ramones tributes [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] Pretty excited about them coming over to North America in March of next year as well [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Thanks for the tip about that Sparklehorse EP SG, no doubt I will pick that up in the next little while. Shame about EBC not coming your way yet, hopefully will be there soon!!! Going to pick up that Mercury Rev today, found a domestic copy for a lot cheaper than the 35 bucks hmv wanted for it [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Allison

Cloud9
    Participant

Card Carrying Supporters Of Romance

22 Songs By Several Artists Like:
    SodaStream, Appendix Out, Bingo Trappers, Persons,
    Minmae, Fuck, Jen Turrel & Many More

So A Lot Of Unknown Artists
    But Its A Beautiful Album, Some Weird Songs

U Only Can Buy It Online
    For More Information: http://www.geocities.com/morctapes

malcom
    Participant

Pavement, Crooked Rain Crooked Rain(finally)

Hansione
    Participant

The Buffalo Springfieldbox, four cd’s with everything one desires (demo’s, outtakes+ the remastered albums) and a booklet that makes a dry mouth impossible. Oh + ten new songs by Cohen.

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Hope Sandoval & the Warm Inventions – Bavarian Fruit Bread
    A very nice and quiet album, Salamiguy already posted some details

Lift to Experience – The Texas Jerusalem Crossroads
    I saw them live yesterday evening, very intense stuff, live they sounded like a cross between 16 Horsepower (the lyrics) and Dinosaur Jr. (music and volume!! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ). On cd they are not that loud, but there is some amazing guitar-work on it, and it’s mixed by Simon Raymonde and Robin Guthrie (Cocteau Twins).
    I bought the cd from singer/guitarist Josh T. Pearson, great guy, who also loves a nice cold beer…. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_cool.gif[/img]

More about Lift to Experience, funny to read this:

Josh ‘Buck’ Pearson, guitar, voices
    another Buck who likes beer…..

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

[ November 09, 2001: Message edited by: den buck ]</p>

SG
    Participant

Roland Kirk-Domino
    Because I`m in a jazzy mood this week.It`s from 1962,Kirk was a amazing musician,he played 3 saxophones at the same time and flute with his nose,he sometimes attached percussion on his feet.Most of his career he was seen as a circus act,but he really was a virtuoso musician,he had a stroke in the last 2 years of his life that parallyzed half his body,but he kept playing with one hand!
    and Kurticus7-Kirk was from Columbus Ohio.

den buck-that Hope Sandoval album is deffinitely one of the best albums of the year.

Hansione
    Participant

Steve Wynn: My Midnight. (+ a live bonus cd 11 sparklin’ songs)
    The American Analog Set : know by heart. I’ve got this one as a gift.
    Tickets for the White Stripes-concert . It’s on the 4th of december. Looking forward [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Cloud9
    Participant

The Cure – Greatest Hits, With 2 New Songs

I Have The Limited Edition
    So The 2nd Cd Has Exactly The Same Songs As Cd 1 but Now In Acoustic Version, Thats Cool

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

Been to a cd/record-fair today, and bought the following for just under 100 guilders (about 40 US Dollars):

V/A – Who the Hell, a tribute to Richard Hell
    (with Whiskeytown doing ‘Blank Generation’)
    Boards of Canada – In a beautiful place out in the country EP
    Mike Watt – Contemplating the engine-room
    promo, cardboard sleeve, I have it already, but this is a handy format…
    Hellacopters – Disappointment Blues
    Pavement – Westing (by musket and sextant)
    a missing link in my Pavement collection…
    V/A – Funksoul Sisters
    just what the title says, great compilation of female funk/soul-singers from the seventies!
    the Zephyrs – When the sky comes down it comes down on your head
    Nice title and the fact that it’s on the same label as the Pernice Brothers (and the fact that it was only 10 guilders) made me buy this one, first impression: nice and quiet album!

And some more vinyl-singles: Strokes, Cake, Hives, Daft Punk, Royksopp…..

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: den buck ]</p>

Bucky Ramone
    Participant

<blockquote><font>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hansione:
    <strong>The American Analog Set : know by heart. I’ve got this one as a gift.
    </strong><hr></blockquote>

I saw the AmAnSet playing live in the small upstairs hall of the Paradiso last week, it was an okay-ish gig, good songs, no show at all, and the usual noisy crowd at the bar nearly spoiling it for the band and the ten people that came to see the band….. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]
    Had a long talk (and a couple of beers) with Andrew Kenny (singer/guitarist), and ended up with a couple of signed cd’s (one of them gets a mention in that quote from Hansione [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) and a setlist, nice guy!!!!

Some other cd’s I bought recently:
    Songs: Ohia – that live-cd with that long italian name, with five new songs (all of them titled ‘Untitled’, and none of them a cover of the new Smashing Pumpkins single…… [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ), see Spaceboy’s post from somewhat earlier…

Her Space Holiday – Manic Expressive
    Electronics, strings, computerized voices, beautiful sounds, strange but beautiful….. Spiritualized meets Air?????

The Czars – The ugly people vs. the beautiful people
    A great voice (John Grant), great music (Grandaddy meets Pink Floyd meets Calexico), some great vocals from Paula Frazer (Tarnation) as well, love it….

[ November 17, 2001: Message edited by: den buck ]</p>

Cloud9
    Participant

Hey Den Buck

I Have The Right Songtitles 4 Ya

Songs: Ohia – Mi Sei Apparso Come Un Fantasma
    01: Are we getting any closer?
    02: Nobody tries that hard anymore
    03: Tigress
    04: Being in love
    05: Constant change
    06: It won’t be easy
    07: She came to me as a ghost
    08: Vanquisher (listed as cabwaylingo)

BTw U can listen 2 A Great Gig Here:
    http://www.sursumcorda.com/live/songs/110601%20songs%20ohia.ram
    All New Songs

[ November 18, 2001: Message edited by: Spaceboy ]</p>

Cloud9
    Participant

Like I said before yesterday I bought that Greatest Album by The Cure + when u put that cd in yr cdplayer from yr computer u get access to a secret page where u can download 18 MP3’s

So A Secret Album: All the greatest hits in demo, instrumental, live or mix version

So I have now 3 Greatest Hits Albums for the price of 1
    Thats what I call a greatest hits album
    Album Version, Acoustic Version & Demo’s + Whatever
    So Cool
    Wish J Mascis did that with his "Ear Bleeding Country" Best Of

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 83 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.