Home Forums Dinosaur Related Discussions Dinosaur/J News & Discussions I heard "I want you to know" on the radio today!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Annastefka
    Participant

Ok…..Anthony said over there in another thread that Dinosaur JR is gong to be big this summer. Well, get ready for another CUTE Alvaro (me bebe) story. We were at the Taco Stand (local college kid cheap food hangout) this afternoon around 1:30 waiting for our to go burritos to be ready and "I want you to know" came on the radio. The place had about 20 people in it and Alvaro started screaming…and screaming like only a almost 5 year old Scorpio boy can….I mean at the tippy top of his little lungs….."IT’S DINOSAUR JR., IT’S DINOSAUR JR……THE NEW ONE….THE NEW ONE….IT’S THE NEW ONE…." every eye was on him…then the song came to the refrain….and he (sort of) knew the words and he is singing "Heyyyyyyyy…did I let it go…..etc….I want you to know. I even had a few dudes in line with me say "Oh, my God that is so cute/cool"
    the best was the second sort of refrain in which Alvaro sang something like "Hey, you put it in my hair, stay with me, I don’t even care" (like he was making up his own words.) I felt a little sorry for all the 20 something year old guys in there with their girlfriends…I could see the look in their eyes….the "Now I WANT a little baby with you look"….Oh, Alvaro slayed everyone in there with his cuteness. I asked the guys at the counter.."What station is this?" and they said "XMU"…….. all of Alvaros ruckus really drew attention to the song and it seemed that everyones ears were suddenly listening to it and I think it went over well and sounds sort of like a hit to me. Alvaro Rocks, along with a few other folks I know!!!!! ON my way to Birmingham, Alabama. Weee Hawww!!!!

girl
    Participant

That was the cutest thing ever! I officially nominate Alvaro for the World’s Coolest Kid award. Oh my, I hope his acceptance speech has more "Dino" lyrics in it. :wink:
    You know I’ve only heard Dino on the radio once and it was Feel The Pain. Yes. I live in the middle of nowhere.

essgee09
    Participant

I never heard Dino on commercial radio around here.I`ve heard them on college radio and the CBC(Canada`s national network)only

built_to_spill
    Participant
    tonas

I really don’t listen to radio anymore, if I do its talk radio. I did however hear The Lung played on an XM station once. That was totally awesome.

Annastefka
    Participant

I didn’t have a TV for over 20 years….really….so I didn’t do the MTV or VH1 stuff like others did….I had no idea that "Feel the Pain" was like a hit….I had no idea….It’s a song that was never my favorite. When I posted here that I had heard it….someone answered back….duhhh…they play that all the time. The same with XM stuff, it probably plays on there often…who knows….but I do know I was happy to hear it the other day. Also you can see how nutty folks often make nutty children…..Type A folks….Type A children…..Alvaro was JACKED up about that song…but I tell you….his new big thing is skateboarding (his Dad came home a few months ago with a used skateboard) Now Alvaro is ready to buy his very own new one. My son Juan Carlos was never into skateboarding because of his autism…balance is a struggle for him. Very typical for his type of autism. So we never had a skateboard in the house. Alvaro can balance and make it move. So when he saw the video for "over it" he was really excited……He likes to watch big boys skate and he will say "I can do that" (even though he can’t) but success starts with the idea…right. I think the Farm songs sound very radio to me. Dishes, dog bath, garden, laundry, mopping, grass cut, grocery shopping….library books due today….."Girl" said she wanted children…I should invite her over for about 5 days…Oh yeah, Frontline and Advantix are both starting to suck. Nightswimming party this evening…….

girl
    Participant

Was Feel The Pain a big hit? I lost interest in MTV when it got lame circa 1947. But I do get excited when I hear music I love on the radio. I nearly peed my pants when I heard Joy Division on a local station. And if I ever hear the Wipers I think my head might explode. Which honestly makes me a little nervous at the prospect of hearing it. I’ll be in the car talking about my favorite banana bread recipe when Kaboom! Telepathic Love starts and there goes my head.

ps Does "Girl" mean me? Did someone tell you I want children? Becasuse if they did… *shakes fist*

essgee09
    Participant

The radio show that freaks me out a bit is Little Steven`s Garage.They play the Velvet Underground or The Saints and this is the station that plays Nickelback often
    I can help Girl have children :wink: should a gemini and capricorn mate?The kid might turn out to be a twin sea goat :shock:

girl
    Participant
    "essgee09" wrote:
    I can help Girl have children :wink: should a gemini and capricorn mate?The kid might turn out to be a twin sea goat :shock:

:lol: Oh SG. how did you know that I secretly want to do things with you that result in children. :lol:

Twin sea goats! That sounds awfully cute. I bet they’ll have their momma’s beard and mermaid tail.

essgee09
    Participant

I was hoping they`d have my beard and your mermaid tail :D

girl
    Participant
    "essgee09" wrote:
    I was hoping they`d have my beard and your mermaid tail :D

Oh yes, that’s right, I don’t have a beard. *quickly goes and shaves*

Annastefka
    Participant
    "girl" wrote:
    Did someone tell you I want children? Becasuse if they did… *shakes fist*

Yes Ma’am….If I knew how, I would take you back to an open topic thread called "New Arrival" (Javro’s post about his baby) your quote was…"Oh my goodness, you guys are making me want kids"

I’m just saying a few days in our house would probably knock that desire out of a lot of people.

girl
    Participant

No, I really do love kids. Especially the kind where you can give them back to their parents after a while.

Yeah Right
    Participant

Wow. I’ve never heard Dinosaur on the radio. UK radio is pure gash though. Perhaps that’s why.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.