Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Guitar Room I got a new guitar for my 19th b-day!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Fender_Strat_Matt
    Participant

Woo-hoo!

Now I have a Fender Startocaster
    Segovia (acoustic)

And now a Ovation (Electric-acoustic)

simmons
    Participant

an american strat? and what colour is it?

I have a strat copy guitar. if it stayed in tune, I would use it more often. strats feels good to play.

Mattman
    Participant

Very cool!!! …and happy birthday! :mrgreen:

Here’s a pic of my "family":

[img]http://www.mattoverminder.com/miscpics/guitars1.jpg[/img]

:aliensmile:

manilaboy1vic
    Participant

here are mine:

[img]http://mianetworks.com/albums/album19/my_boyz.jpg[/img]

Mattman
    Participant

Very pretty collection you got there…

Does that say Taylor on the 6-string acoustic? Nice!

Aatos
    Participant

Hey Mattman! Why so many Fenders..? :roll:

Mattman
    Participant

It just sorta worked out that way… The Strat’s a mex made that I got in high school. It was my first electric, and the best guitar in my price range that I could find after trying out several. It still is a very good guitar and I’ve made several modifications to it including new pickups and electronics, tuners, and pickguard.

The Tele I just happened to fall in love with at a guitar show in ’98. I had some cash so I just had to have it… It’s still my main axe. :aliensmile:

The Jazzmaster’s a fairly recent purchase. I specifically wanted a JM, and Fender’s the only one that makes them. :wink:

I also have a very nice Yamaha acoustic and a G&L bass if that makes you feel any better. Though I guess G&L is still technically a Fender. :mrgreen:

I used to have a cheapo Epiphone Les Paul knock off that I ended up selling to a friend (sort of, he only ever paid me part of the money and then split town for several years). It was a piece of shit and I was just glad to get rid of it… :oops:

I’m thinking of maybe a Gibson Les Paul or SG, with P-90’s as a next guitar… but alas, that is several paychecks away…

Maybe I should post a picture of my acoustic and bass, so that they don’t feel left out. :P

manilaboy1vic
    Participant
    "Mattman" wrote:
    Very pretty collection you got there…

Does that say Taylor on the 6-string acoustic? Nice!

yep thats a taylor, its a big baby

Aatos
    Participant

Mattmand: What is a P-90?

Calimero jr.
    Participant
    "Aatos" wrote:
    Mattmand: What is a P-90?

It’s a single-coiled pickup

[img]http://img.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/tn/30/300052.t.jpg[/img]

Aatos
    Participant

Calimero: ahh, ok! :)

Calimero jr.
    Participant

Sorry I can’t tell you a lot more about them, I never played any guitar equipped with P-90….I think that J said he prefered Gibsons with P-90’s for he’s not much into humbuckers. :mrgreen:
    If you do a google search on P-90’s you’ll probably be able to get more technical info about them than I know :oops:

Mattman
    Participant

P-90’s are very hot single coil pickups… Lots of output!

Aatos
    Participant

Yes, ive tried those. Just didnt know their name. Does J Mascis use Les Pauls with p-90:s(in studio)? No humbuckers?

Mattman
    Participant

J has stated on a few occasions that he doesn’t like humbuckers.

There’s a magazine article, I think it’s in the photo album, where J says that most of the rhythm work on Where You Been was a Les Paul Gold-Top w/ p-90’s into a Fender Bandmaster amp. :aliensmile:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.