Home Forums Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists Get Discovered I covered whole of Green Mind

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

For the love of Green Mind i had this plan to get a bunch of people to help me cover Green Mind as a tribute to 25 years of my favorite LP.

but it seems no one I know (who plays music) is as obsessed with the album, so i’ve done it all alone.

i’ve reached a point where it’s 80-90% complete:

Constructive feedback appreciated (be kind tho’)

πŸ˜‰

*nb. I posted this already but i think the forum was screwed or something

empire3

You did this all by yourself???

I’m amazed!

I’m sure someone can tweet it or something from the dinosaur jr account ? ; )
    Once it’s done as it deserves to be heard by a lot of people!

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

Hi Empire

Yup, done it all myself in my spare bedroom!

There’s some tidying up to do. Not entirely happy with some of the singing (this part I hoped others would help me with!!). Drums on How d’you Pin sound a bit weedy, not convinced the chords on Green Mind are all correct, bass line on Water needs some work so too some extra guitar on the tremolo bits. Drums on Thumb need a bit more elaboration… extra lead break on Muck etc etc.

I’ve tried to stay true to the originals as much as poss.

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

my pal Ed did the artwork I should say. He’s super talented.

http://edsyder.tumblr.com/

empire3

I thought the singing was really impressive !
    And it’s very true to the original.
    I really enjoyed the felled trees – where you been cover (cause that’s my favourite album) but theirs is no better than yours! Hope that’s a compliment- especially as you did this on your own….

So without a sound next? ha ha

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

Oof dunno about that. I prefer Hand it Over from the 90s era and Where you Been is great obviously!

Thanks for compliments. I just think i can probably sing em better/louder. Some sound a bit like am reading lyrics πŸ˜‰

jeremiah
    jeremiah
    Keymaster

NIce! I’ve been keeping an eye on this @eggwater
    Sounds like it turned out pretty great. πŸ™‚

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

Hi Jeremiah

Thanks! Still a few bits to tidy up. Might do some tinkering tonight!

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

hey just listening to the Felled trees – Where we been- it’s pretty deece. Doesn’t sound like it was recorded in my spare bedroom – ha ha ha

LetItRide75
    LetItRide75
    Participant

you did a really cool job man,dug it! hey if you ever get serious about doing hand it over, or another album and would like some collaboration this go around hit me up . I’d love to partake. via garageband preferably

eggwater
    eggwater
    Participant

Hi

Really glad you like it. i think it still needs tidying up but I’m moving to Australia and all my gear is on a boat right now!

I’ll deffo be up for doing Hand it Over later in the year – I love that LP also.

πŸ™‚

JPplaysJMascis
    Participant

Hi,

Great stuff! If you want to collaborate on the vocals, let me know. I sing in a heavy rock band but most my singing lessons come from singing along to Dino albums.

Best wishes,

JP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.