Home › Forums › Musicians & D.I.Y. Artists › Guitar Room › Husker Du Tab!!!
- This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 21 years, 9 months ago by Mattman.
August 30, 2001 at 7:56 pm #43292
Just found this wonderful site…
Haven’t had much time to go over it in depth, but it looks to have just about everything from their albums… I psyched. [img]images/smiles/converted/cool.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
Now I just gotta get me a band so that I can do some Husker Du covers… [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img]August 31, 2001 at 2:56 am #55791
I hear ya..! Every time I get something together something screws it up… Usually lazy friends who like the concept of a band, but can’t get their asses in gear… [img]images/smiles/converted/rolleyes.gif[/img]
The last time I got something serious going, my bass player gets a girlfriend/fiancee/wife and moves to another city. Shortly after that, the drummer gets a nightly gig w/ some club band… He hates the music, but the pay’s pretty good…
Well, some friends of mine that were in a band just broke up. The drummer and lead guitarist just moved to New Orleans, so I’m hoping to scavenge off the remaining members.. The singer (James) is an old friend of mine since highschool and I’ve worked w/ him before on some recording type stuff. He’s the one I really want scavenge. The rhythm guitarist, John, is also part of the old highschool gang. He’s also a pretty good song writer, but I don’t know if I want a dedicated rhythm guy since I tend to prefer to hold up all the guitar stuff alone. Besides, James if decent enough on guitar to do rhythm anyway. But, if John’s into it, I wouldn’t mind having him in the band. The bassist (also named Matt) I don’t know very well and could basically take or leave him. Still have to find a drummer though. Not upset about the old one leaving though, he wasn’t very good at it.
Almost a decade of guitarin’ and I feel like I’m letting it go to waste right now. [img]images/smiles/converted/frown.gif[/img]
Oh well, I’ll probably see James tomorrow night at yet another group of friends band, The Soular System. A funk band so good, they may have to be killed. Everyone else local sucks compared to them. [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)