Home Forums General Discussions Open Topic Huge Freakscene BBS News (issue 2)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

J. Moscis, Bolly Cougan Team Up For Next ‘Fog’ LP

Compiled from the AP wire

AP – Amherst, Massachusetts – In a suprise announcement earlier today, J. Moscis, formerly of Dinosaur Jr., has announced that he will team up with Chicago rock legend Bolly Cougan for the next Fog LP. J. Moscis further announced the name of his rotating member group will still be called J. Moscis and the Fog but ‘More Light & the machines of Fog’ is the name of the new CD. Startled fans around the country scratched their chins in general unison as the announcement was made.

In a later interview with Dateline NBC, Moscis explained, "The album is sort of a concept album in that we play this sort of fantasy band that plays off the stereotypes about the real band. It’s totally mind blowing." Bolly Cougan said, "It’s really an honor to work with such a great guitarist. I’m really going to learn alot, but at the same time, I’m going to teach him how to be a mysterious dude and wear leather." Producer Flood has been signed up for the project and in a news release earlier today promised to "deep fry the album in so much electronica you can’t even believe it."

Tracklisting for ‘More Light & The Machines of Fog’:

1. The Everlasting Tarpit
    2. Raisins & Repulsion
    3. Start Choppin Inside Your Love
    4. I of I’m Insane
    5. The Sacred Wagon of Profanity
    6. You Just Try Taking A Run At The Sun, YOU BASTARD!!!11
    7. Just Like A Heaven Metal Machine
    8. Thumb Time
    9. In A Imploding Jar
    10. More Light & The Machines Of Fog
    11. Wound And Wound You Go, Where You Stop, Nobody Knows
    12. The Crying Tree of Little Fury Things
    13. Feel The Pain of Every Light
    14. Blue Skies Bring Whatever… It’s Cool With Me
    15. Age Of ‘I Don’t Think So’!!!11

European releases will feature an extra track entitled "Gargoyles Killed My Lung." The album is set to come out December 20, 2001, but industry insiders expect the release date to be pushed back to sometime in mid-August 2004. Irregardless of the release date, J. Moscis promises: "Watch out! If you thought Bolly and Moscis on the same album was a hilarious duality of egos before you heard the album, you will be totally validated come 2007 when we finally release the damn thing and tour, you just wait and see!"

<FONT>[ September 21, 2001 09:13 PM: Message mutated 2 times, lastly by ELJ ]</font>

Halfman
    Participant

Wow. I would like to see them have Cheap Trick open, kick Rick Neilsen’s ass, and J. and Bolly play Nielsen’s 12 string simultaneously. Can you see it? [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]

<FONT>[ September 21, 2001 10:18 PM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by Lysing sentimental….. ]</font>

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lysing sentimental…..:
    <STRONG>Wow. I would like to see them have cheap Trick open, kick Rick Neilsen’s ass, and both J. and Bolly both play Nielsen’s 12 string simultaneously. Can you see it? [img]images/smiles/converted/eek.gif[/img]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The opening act has not yet been confirmed. It is possible.

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

[img]http://www.geocities.com/settheraytojaron/moscisandfog.jpg[/img]

If you can’t see it, click here

<FONT>[ September 21, 2001 11:00 PM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by ELJ ]</font>

Halfman
    Participant

Perhaps I am slow on the uptake, but is the link and the picture supposed to be taking me somewhere?

maxini
    Participant

Well that was amusing, but since you’ll never catch J saying something even remotely similar to
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote

Quote:
    <STRONG>"Watch out! If you thought Bolly and Moscis on the same album was a hilarious duality of egos before you heard the album, you will be totally validated come 2007 when we finally release the damn thing and tour, you just wait and see!"</STRONG>

it’s just not very credible now is it. [img]images/smiles/converted/redface.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Yes, it is a geocities problem.

Physically copy and paste this into your browser window.

http://www.geocities.com/settheraytojaron/moscisandfog.jpg – do not click, won’t work, must copy and paste.

<FONT>[ September 22, 2001 12:36 PM: Message mutated 1 time, lastly by ELJ ]</font>

Thought Police
    Participant

Hey Jaron !

You seem to be very well informed [img]images/smiles/converted/wink.gif[/img].

I really enjoyed the titles of the songs and the artwork. Did you post this on the oboard, as well ? I wonder what kind of discussion and research this would start ("who is that Moscis guy…?").
    Thanks for making me smile !

Bye,

Stefan

alan ciccone
    Participant

i nearly fell for that when i was reading it first i was like who the hell is bolly cougan…..my god that would be a travesty if j went down that road

ScreamingTree
    Participant

Yeah, i was kinda confused for a bit. Please don’t say ‘travesty’ ever, i don’t know why, but it bugs me. [img]images/smiles/converted/bitehard.gif[/img]

<FONT>[ September 26, 2001 05:49 PM: 1 Screaming Tree ]</font>

trensidoh
    Participant

[img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]
    go here:
    http://aol.eonline.com/Reviews/Facts/Music/RevID/0,1107,79,00.html

and take a close look at the audio clips.

or try j moscis with google search.
    [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/converted/biggrin.gif[/img]

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Someone actually believed it! Haw!!!1

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

Moscis leaks new Fog LP cover

AMHERST, MA – AP – Former Dinosaur Jr. frontman J. Moscis who last week was reported to be working on the next ‘Fog’ LP with Bolly Cougan formerly of the Smashing Pumpkins, has reported leaked the cover of his new LP More Light & The Machines Of Fog. 25 suprised fans, reportedly selected from the Top 25 Posters on the bands website (http://www.freakscene.net) awoke Wednesday morning to have recieved Fedex packages from the rock legend containing an album flat a note from Moscis himself claiming that he "hoped they enjoyed portrait of [himself] on the cover."

[img]http://www.geocities.com/settheraytojaron/newfogcover.jpg[/img]
    http://www.geocities.com/settheraytojaron/newfogcover.jpg

General fan reaction was one of suprise and alarm. Said Another Girl, Another Place, "Wait, this isn’t a picture of J. on this cover – this is an old-time picture of God. Man, what a ridiculous screwup must have occured at the printers." Others, however, predicted more sinister motives then a printing error. "Dude this is, like, sacreligious… rock and roll!" was the only statement Salamiguy was willing to make before starting doing air guitar chords. Said Freakscene pariah Jeremiah {author’s note: it rhymes}, "Hold on. Just hold on one [expletive deleted] second here. I thought Bolly was going to influence J. by teaching him to be mysterious and wear leather. You all reported nothing about him teaching him to have a self-aggrandizing ego and a God complex. Keep your [expletive deleted] straight [expletive deleted]! I mean, if you’re going to make up god [expletive deleted] news on my [expletive deleted] site, you best keep your [expletive deleted] in line. [expletive deleted] you!" J. Mascis was unavailable for comment.

<FONT>[ September 26, 2001 08:10 PM: 1 ELJ ]</font>

SG
    Participant

Hey how do you know I do air guitar chords?
    (usually A chord)

everyonelovesjaron
    Participant

<BLOCKQUOTE><font>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Salami Guy:
    <STRONG>Hey how do you know I do air guitar chords?
    (usually A chord)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, the Associated Press sees all and knows all…

…but really: you’re on a Dinosaur Jr. message board. Odds are you do air guitar chords.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.